Lagunitas 2014 Release Schedule

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BasterdInABasket, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcos

jcos Pundit (761) Nov 23, 2009 Maryland

Brown Shugga is my favorite 6 pack barleywine. There is plenty of Sucks on shelves when it is released too.

SixThousandDollars likes this.
  2. SteveSexton203

SteveSexton203 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2014 Connecticut

Already got my hands on some Nighttime. Im not a Black Ipa fan, Kind of a hater of the idea. Definitely liked this Black Ipa tho.

CalgaryFMC and A2HB like this.
  3. tjmodica

tjmodica Pundit (812) Oct 2, 2007 Texas
    Trader

For my taste buds Gnarleywine is the best beer Lagunita's makes and it only gets better with age. Pints of Imperial Red are hard to pass up though.

4. HeislerGold

HeislerGold Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2013 Michigan

Here's the way I see it: Yes, Sucks is a damn good IPA (or double, however you wish to classify it). The thing is, good IPAs and double IPAs are a dime-a-dozen these days. There are so many people making them and investing time into raising the bar and perfecting them that you'll never have any difficulty coming across an IPA/IIPA to enjoy. There are a million good IPAs/IIPAs but there's only one Brown Shugga. I'll take Shugga every time.

5. A2HB

A2HB Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Michigan

Had Nighttime for the first time last night. So good.

Lagunitas is definitely top 3 favorite breweries for me. For the price you can't beat how good their brews are!

6. glass_house

glass_house Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2014 Ohio

Bought a sixer of Sumpin Extra for $9.99 last night. What a great beer at a great value. I've always been a fan, but over the last year or so I have really come to appreciate the fact that Lagunitas chooses to offer their beers at such a reasonable price.

A2HB likes this.
  7. Ant7780

Ant7780 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2012 Michigan

Did you ever find it? I haven't seen it.

8. A2HB

A2HB Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Michigan

Nope have not seen the Sumpthin Extra thus far. Starting to wonder if it's a unicorn or something

9. SixThousandDollars

SixThousandDollars Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Florida

EXACTLY. In a lineup of very hoppy beers, they replace one of the most unique with another (while very nice) very hoppy beer. I wonder if a price increase on a beer like Brown Shugga would make it more reasonable to produce for Lagunitas and not worry about the difference in volume?

10. Mineo

Mineo Savant (1,079) Jul 7, 2010 New York

found some Sumpin Sumpin Extra. it's quite good. a little maltier than I remember, but still very good and drinkable.

11. nicholasofcusa

nicholasofcusa Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2006 Florida

Amen. I think we have similar tastes in IPAs because I always find myself agreeing with you. I love Lagunitas now but it took me a while to get into their beers because I initially thought they were all too sweet and malty, not crisp, dry hop bombs.

Eagerly anticipating Sumpin Extra.

12. Adenn1

Adenn1 Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2009 Pennsylvania

Reached out to my distributor and it looks like the Philly area won't see Sucks or Extra till some time in July. But he told me to take July with a grain of salt...as the Lagunitas rep and said in April that the two would be out in June.

I just hope they don't sit on it like they did with the seasonal release of Sucks...sat on it for more than one month.

13. nickapalooza86

nickapalooza86 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

If you like Sumpin Sumpin and Maximus, Sumpin Extra tastes almost like a combination of those two. Very good.

14. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming
    Deactivated

after building a new brewery one might think they would update the website but at least i got response when i emailed..first part of july

15. Jacob007

Jacob007 Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

I need sucks 32oz in nh!

16. colforbin73

colforbin73 Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2010 California

havent seen any EXTRA around... what is that?

17. mj81

mj81 Savant (1,043) Sep 11, 2013 New Jersey

Had nighttime and sumpin extra recently. Both were frickin fantastic! I like how lagunista doesn't hit my wallet as hard as other companies and am starting to wonder why I even bother spending more on other brands when these guys are on their game.

A2HB likes this.
  18. BSW

BSW Pundit (869) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Trader

There have been over one hundred new reviews/ratings of Sumpin' Extra posted in the last two weeks and none of them are from California. Where is ours? Why do we have to wait? Is this what the rest of the country normally feels like?

19. leprakhan

leprakhan Zealot (731) Dec 28, 2009 California

Sumpin Extra was supposedly pulled for some labeling issues, not sure if it's a California situation or national but it'll be worth the wait.

20. LakerLeith

LakerLeith Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2013 California

Yea, I agree! Loved it myself..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.