KBS Statement from Founders

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Mattmc1973, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

Then stay in Chicago.....just sayin

biga7346, TheMonk41, NSaad23 and 3 others like this.
  2. sublime313

sublime313 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2008 Michigan

Seems like some of the people around here are mentally ill.

Anyway, I'll be happy with 2 bottles of KBS this year.

3. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

I hate to beat a dead horse, but there was no switch. Did Founder's have cases of regular Breakfast Stout or Imperial Stout for the same price as the KBS? No they did not.

I didn't go to this release because I knew it would be nuts. I may find a bottle or two in Chicago to buy and I will most definitely find it on tap maybe 3 or 4 times.

Also, complaining about beer releases is the absolute definition of white people problems.

Steimie and Vav like this.
  4. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Why doesn't Founders just go brewery only with KBS? I say that as somebody who "loses out" on it, but it's already spread so damn thinly that the people who end up getting it are those who play the "new release game", not necessarily those that support Founders all year long. Just feed it to the locals IMO.

nanobrew likes this.
  5. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

If that's the case then go the other direction with it - no brewery sales. My basic point is that I feel like when you try to make everybody happy you end up making nobody happy.

6. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

I had a great time with great friends drinking great beer all night and day. I think it makes perfect sense to cut the allowing in half and completely agree with Founders decision. Kzoobrew really made my day and it was great meeting new peeps. Happy I got bottles, and BA Sumatra Brown was off the charts delicious. All around exactly what I hoped for!

GrueLurks, sarro and decadance like this.
  7. chronie

chronie Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2011 Illinois

I was right around the low 300 mark. I would have received my full case, but it ended a couple people down. Now am I happy that I got some KBS, yes.

However, I just wanted to say Fonders anticipated the bigger release because they purposely printed 600 tickets. Not 315 plus 20 for people standing in line after the fact. 600 tickets. They understand there was a strong situation for a half a case. Just wish they would have said that. Still love Founders for any employees reading, just need change for 2013.

8. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Ahhh, my friends in the early 400's. great times and great pours yesterday. Dan I'll try not to bother you too much for some good local stuff from ya...... thanks again for the great beers guys and I'll bring some whale-ish shit next time we have the chance, sorry for insulting my 400 friends with new glarus thumbprint beers in a sea of Barrel Aged delicious-ness.

9. mike409

mike409 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan

me and the wife had a bad ass time with you as well highlight was seeing the mayor of michigan absolutly hammerd!
    ohhh and watching the dude from indian sleep in his own puke:slight_smile:. also id like to take a poll on how many of the people bitching were from chicago?? also your telling us that 12 extra bottles would have made or broke you coming to founders? also maybe dont trade beer away before you get it :wink:

decadance likes this.
  10. PlinytheFarter

PlinytheFarter Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2011 Illinois

I love how people hate on Chicago people yet crave our Goose Island beers...... :wink:

11. dblab33

dblab33 Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

Ohhhh I wish more of you could have witnessed the donut drop and everyone counting down the 5 second rule....

decadance likes this.
  12. mike409

mike409 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan

saw that too. and pliny i did not bitch about how michigan did not get any henry/vanilla/bramble/coffee :slight_smile:

PlinytheFarter likes this.
  13. FritterFlip

FritterFlip Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2010 Illinois

I did enjoy that. And I must say it was gracefully done.

14. PlinytheFarter

haha but you wanted to!

15. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

The guy sleeping in his own puke was disturbing. I really hope his friends came back for him. It was definitely amateur hour with him.

16. BeRanger

BeRanger Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011 Michigan

I'm pissed that I missed that... I had went up and talked to him and Stoutfest earlier. Kzoobrew expressed his disappointment that I did not bring a Unicorn costume with me.

17. TriGuy20

TriGuy20 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2009 Illinois

One bottle every two weeks till the next release seems about right to me!

18. Jose2412

Jose2412 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 Michigan

Those must have been the donuts sitting in the box near the back of the building that my roomate very seriously considered eating until he could see the dirt on the donuts. haha

19. PlinytheFarter

hahahah those did look good though!! the crazy pink frosted one... mmmm

20. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

Why did it take so long for "DonutGate" to start on here?

And why has Kevin (also known as "kzoobrew", "MoM", "MoMBA") been so quite on here today? :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.