KBS Statement from Founders

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Mattmc1973, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bierenutz

bierenutz Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2010 Michigan

Hey "Bros", where's the "dislike" tab on this new format? Pretty sure I'm not clicking the "like" on this one.

Jnorton00 likes this.
  2. TurdFurgison

TurdFurgison Pooh-Bah (2,891) May 29, 2005 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah

I enjoy the hell out of these tales of woe. Beer releases in general are a panicky event any more, with tons of people lining up for 1/2 day or more to guarantee their allotment.

Best to skip them unless you're in it for the beer sharing (the strongest reason to attend in my opinion).

3. jeebus23

jeebus23 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2010 Illinois

Hey! Look everybody! It's someone that doesn't get sarcasm!

MacJenkins likes this.
  4. ChugginOil

ChugginOil Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2010 Illinois

My first and last visit to Founders. I was # 250 in line after driving 3 hours and waiting in line for 9 hours, just to find out my allocation is cut in half, 15 minutes before the doors opened. Trash. Then, after getting over that, we find that we wont be able to actually go inside the brewpub to enjoy beer/food without waiting hours in another line. Poor decision, poor execution. Trash. No mas Founders for I. BIG disappointment....

TapeDeck likes this.
  5. bierenutz

Gee, I thought my post would be more appropriately classified as sarcasm. Your's I think falls more into the category as mean spirited. But then again, what do I know, I'm only a "local" Michigan slacker and those that know me can vouch for that!

6. trginter

trginter Pundit (755) Dec 1, 2008 Michigan

More KBS for me next year!

EricCioe likes this.
  7. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

HAHAHA.....everyone complaining about only being able to buy 12 bottles of beer (more then 6 bombers!) is hilarious!!!!
    Please keep talking about how you will never come back to Michigan for beer releases....LOVE IT!

TheMonk41, EricCioe and divineaudio like this.
  8. jeebus23

I guess you could call mine satire then. With all the people bitching and saying they wont come back, we shouldn't have any trouble getting any next year.

9. bum732

bum732 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2008 Lesotho

So much mad in one thread, i love it. You all created this, reap what you sow.

10. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

I'm guessing I know the answer since no one responded to a thread I made earlier but did they have any special KBS glasses yesterday?

11. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Illinois

I don't understand the entitlement thing.
    This is more of a bait and switch for the people who were in the first 300.
    Why are you cool with bait and switch, and why get up someone's ass for being upset about it?
    Expecting a CASE of KBS isn't reasonable for everyone... But it is reasonable for the folks who either stood out in the cold from 2 AM on, or who were allowed to camp.

Those people aren't dicks for feeling like they had a fast one pulled on them.
    They were given the parameters, and decided it was worth losing a Friday and a Saturday to get KBS.
    I suspect that very few of these folks would have been there overnight (with the tents that weren't supposed to be allowed, or otherwise) if the limit was reduced beforehand.
    You'd still have had a ton of people, but not as many road trippers, and less reason to try to be first in line, etc.

It's not a sense of entitlement when someone tells you that "you can buy a case" and then when it comes time they say "Ha ha fooled you, thanks for playing!"

Holland, Zxzm, csano and 1 other person like this.
  12. bierenutz

I think you are right...there, we have a point in common! Come on beer community, if jeebus23 and I can come to some common ground, we all can! Who's with us?

13. beerhan

beerhan Savant (1,201) Apr 28, 2010 Ohio

They did not but may be making some soon, probably after the reorder of curmudgeon goblets comes in

14. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

its a mad mad world... When I was number 70 a few weeks ago at Flossmoor Station Hi-Fi Rye and they dropped the limit from 6 to 4 to spread the wealth, I was pissed for about 5 minutes. I then thought, its only beer, I'm still getting a lot of it, and more people can try it. So yesterday when I was number 400 and I got beer because the limit got cut, I was thankful and hoped people would have the same mentality of being angry for five minutes and then realizing they're still getting lots of beer and had an awesome time trading, tasting, and waiting. BA people always talks about "spreading the wealth" in trades (even though some people don't really mean that, they mean spreading the wealth for the best things they can land in a trade) well this time the brewery did it for you, and for that I'm thankful. Remember guys (and girls) this is an American run (American employed) small business trying to do their best for their fans. Microbreweries are one of the last bastions of great american companies, support them and get over whatever issues you have, otherwise you can time travel to Communist Russia and actually be pissed about waiting in line for the bread limit to be cut and you can't feed your family. Beer (well, good beer) is a luxury that not everyone can afford, count your blessings and tell your mother you love her every so often.

TATURBO, cacbeer, divineaudio and 5 others like this.
  15. travMI13

travMI13 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

No, they did not, unfortunately. They had an All Day IPA pint glass, the CBS snifters, and the script tulip.

16. jeebus23

No, the entitlement comes in when they say they "deserved" it and "worked hard". I've been to a few releases where the limit was dropped at the door or halfway through. I didn't write off the brewery, I didn't write angry internet posts. I was still happy to get what I came for, and happy to see more people able to enjoy it, even if they didn't put in as much "effort" as I did by getting there early.

bbarak likes this.
  17. travMI13

travMI13 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

It was great to meet you, too, Shaun. So many cool and generous people in line yesterday. It was really a great time.

18. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Are they reordering them?? The lady at founders told me she was unsure.

19. redblacks75

redblacks75 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa

I second the idea of that shirt!

20. lisomiso

lisomiso Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2009 California

Size small for me, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.