Jackie O's (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by zbodnar1, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfpac78

Wolfpac78 Zealot (501) Feb 18, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

How is the Oro Supply for you folks that went today? Will it last until Saturday?

2. Sinzanasti

Sinzanasti Pundit (758) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Oh yeah no problem. Now if you are waiting until mid-August maybe a different story. But again no problem this weekend

3. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Savant (1,223) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Looked like plenty to me, I can't imagine them burning through their stock this weekend.

4. MrToledo

MrToledo Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2014 Ohio

couldn't agree more. very nice staff. went Wednesday night from Toledo and had a great experience!

5. radio2525

radio2525 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

knowing how they operate i would be shocked if they do not hold some back to insure they have some available for the bottle release

BeerMeBro720 likes this.
  6. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 England

When I went there in the winter to pick up Vanilla Coffee Dark App, this dude with a beard and longer hair that had just gotten hired, was remarkably friendly. Don't remember his name, but he left a great impression.

7. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Pundit (803) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

Yep, I went down there at that same time and ended up talking with Mike for quite awhile. Really cool guy and good taste in music!

marcus23 likes this.
  8. Swettenham_Shire

Swettenham_Shire Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

For those lucky enough to snag some already, how do the Oro bottles taste? Closer in style to Bomb! or Xocoveza? I'm hoping for less pepper heat, more cinnamon.

9. miketd

miketd Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2006 Ohio

FWIW, I got a lot of cinnamon when I tried it a couple weeks ago... but I was drunk as fug. In any case, it is better than the two beers you mentioned.

10. BeerBuckeye

Really, really damn good. I would consider it closer to Bomb. Agree with MikeTD, better than both though. Definitely picked up on the scorpion peppers as it warmed. Perfect blend.

11. Mshull

Mshull Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Can you imagine if they ever barrel aged this stuff. The base beer is better than any other in the style and look how all those examples turned out i.e DB huna, Ba abraxas, DB cake.

BeerMeBro720, sonoma01 and marcus23 like this.
  12. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 England

No scorpion this time.

I believe that's in the plans.

frenchblood21 likes this.
  13. BeerBuckeye

There's something bringing the heat on it. Some other pepper I presume?

I actually didn't read the bottle, but it's listed on the taproom website as aged on scorpion

#593 BeerBuckeye, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    marcus23 likes this.
  14. miketd

miketd Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2006 Ohio

I think Brad said habanero, or some other pepper that isn't scorpion for this one.

marcus23 and BeerMeBro720 like this.
  15. beace

beace Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2007 California

This batch has habanero in it, also some cayenne.

JArt and marcus23 like this.
  16. gcg49

gcg49 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2014 Texas

I'm from the Chicago and will be checking out Jackie O's for the first time this Friday on the way to visit a friend - do they typically have bottles for sale or is it mostly a special release only type of thing? Reading this thread seems to indicate that they will likely have something, but just trying to get a better idea.

17. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Savant (1,222) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

They will definitely have bottles for sale at the taproom, and some damn good ones at that. Enjoy your time there, and be sure to head uptown to the brewpub/public house as well!

18. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2009 Ohio
    Deactivated

This page will give you a good idea of what they have for sale in bottles: http://jackieos.com/brews/taproom-bottles-drafts/

These are at the production brewery, where there's also a bar with draft options. Across town is the brewpub, where they serve food and have different drafts. I'd recommend stopping at both places. The food at the brewpub is really good, so I'd try to time your stop to coincide with lunch or dinner, if possible.

19. BeerBuckeye

Okay, good. I'm not quite a pepper connoisseur but I had a fleeting fear that I had just become one of those people that swears cinnamon is in Sierra Nevada.

marcus23 likes this.
  20. Treebute

Treebute Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Brought our dogs (2x 50 lb and 1x12) lb on Saturday and it was pretty care free. There's a really nice dog park we took them to on West State st to ware them out a bit before we hit the taproom.

Got to the taproom around noon and it wasn't crazy as I thought it would be. Grabbed some oro and sat in the back patio for about an hour or so enjoying the weather and drinks.

We didn't attempt the brewpub/public house. I know they have the outside patio deck upstairs but I don't believe there's a way there without going through the inside entrance.

Great time had by all!

SixThousandDollars and marcus23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.