1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Hunahpu vs Cherry Rye

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Naterobsnyk4, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Naterobsnyk4

Naterobsnyk4 Savant (350) New York Jan 25, 2012

Genuinely curious about the trade value of these two vs each other.

Obviously huna was a brewery only release and cherry rye was distributed rather vastly.

Saw quite a few ISO:FT with these two on each side of things.
  2. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (300) Florida Sep 14, 2012 Verified

From those I spoke to, it sounds like the most common Huna trade has been for the cherry (which of course is the obvious conclusion from your comment). For those of us who stayed late at the Huna release, we could get basically as much as we could haul back to our vehicles (or, as in my case, as much as we could afford). So I guess that offsets the brewery only release thing and the thin albeit vast distribution of the cherry. And then Huna is incredible and although I haven't had the cherry I've heard it's amazing from those whose palates I trust, so it sounds like a trade both parties would be pleased with.
  3. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (300) California Aug 3, 2011

I think this trade is becoming tougher by the day
  4. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Or, yes?

Does not compute, one does not belong. Or something.
  5. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Advocate (700) Illinois Feb 8, 2010 Verified

Einstein died before he could calculate the Huna-ChurryRye constant. I don't think you'll find an accurate estimate from the peanut gallery here.
    JxExM, gpawned and pmoney like this.
  6. cavedave

cavedave Poobah (1,060) New York Mar 12, 2009 Verified

I can tell you taste wise Huna has it all over Cherry. Value is no longer dependent on taste nowadays, though, so this may not be relevant
    ant880, woodchopper and Naterobsnyk4 like this.
  7. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I've seen some ISO:FTs for these two beers (in both directions). This one all comes down to finding the right person.
    woodchopper likes this.