1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

HOTD Matt

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by fortsambo, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortsambo

fortsambo Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 Colorado

This is one of the few HOTD brews I've yet to try. Just wondering if anyone has traded for one (or traded one) lately and what it took. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. LoPo87

LoPo87 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2012 Oregon

I say that you shouldn't waste trading any beer as one might show up in your thank you box for being my CS reserve trustee :wink:

3. fortsambo

fortsambo Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 Colorado

You my friend, are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Utah

Easiest "What will it take to get..." ever thread. Way to keep it simple boys!

LoPo87 and FishPondManager like this.
  5. buffs9

buffs9 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado

I'm still curious what others have to say on this topic. I recently got a couple from a buddy in Portland and sent a King Henry and others in what was a larger deal on both sides. The Matt was what I wanted most from him.

6. standardcherry

standardcherry Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Massachusetts

I agree, LoPo is an awesome guy. Sent me a Matt as an extra in our latest trade!

LoPo87 likes this.
  7. Shmeal

Shmeal Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon

I think LoPo is a dick.

8. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Zealot (599) May 15, 2011 New York

1 Cherry Rye Unit

9. ggfunk

ggfunk Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2010 Oregon

Yeah but you're a douche. What would you know?

LoPo87 and Shmeal like this.
  10. gn0sis

gn0sis Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2007 Massachusetts

To set the record straight, Bottleworks Matt (original batch) would be considerably different, than "regular" (post-Bottleworks release) Matt at this point. I'd put the original at 4:1 on the later release(s).

11. buffs9

buffs9 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado

Thanks for the info, why such a big gap? The last batch was 2010, when was the Bottleworks version released?

12. LoPo87

LoPo87 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2012 Oregon

Bottle works version was 2009. From what I have heard. Alan distilled his own barrel of apple brandy. That barrel he ended up making the bottleworks IX Matt in. Then he decided to make a full batch of it. So he acquired some local Apple Brandy barrels from a Portland distillery, and released a full batch of Matt as teh 2010.

DanGolfs86 likes this.
  13. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Illinois

Matt Bottleworks X - Tenth Anniversary - February 2009
    Second release: November 2010

Let's hope there's a 2013 release sometime soon or at the anniversary dock sale.

14. csano

csano Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2010 Washington
    Trader

Rumor has it that it's already in bottles. People were hoping that it'd be released at the dock sale last year, but that didn't happen.

15. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Illinois

Yeah I was at the dock sale and heard that rumor also. Let's hope that there's an announcement soon.

16. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

I've got a few left from both batches, it would take some sexy lambic to get them from me. But that's me. I'm a HOTd and Cantillion and Jolly Pumpkin Fanboy. Three favorite brewers.

17. Beerandboards

Beerandboards Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2012 New Mexico

Any estimates as to the value of FT: Bottleworks + 2010 release?

18. madtowndmb1

madtowndmb1 Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2007 Wisconsin

I gave one to friend a month ago or so, he loves the beer!

BarrytheBear likes this.
  19. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2011 Maryland

I just set up a trade for one with a Cherry Adam for Chocolate Rain - I can't wait.

20. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2007 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

When you have friends like Kyle, a Matt can just show up unexpectedly at your house. Good shit, buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.