Hops & Grain Greenhouse Recipe Contest

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by kevinscott, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinscott

kevinscott Zealot (595) Oct 21, 2008 Texas

Interesting concept, start sending in ideas!
    http://www.hopsandgrain.com/news/open-greenhouse-beer-recipe-contest/

Open Greenhouse Beer Recipe Contest

OCT 30, 2012
    Do you often find yourself in the grocery store perusing the produce or spice rack and thinking “I bet that would taste great in beer”? Have you ever downed a delicious drink and thought “this would taste even better if it was beer”? Might you have visions of being a mad brewing scientist but lack the equipment or skills to fulfill your dream? Well look no further, for your friends at Hops and Grain have just the thing to make it all happen.
    Announcing the Open Greenhouse Beer Recipe contest, where you can “grow your own” in the friendly confines of our east Austin Brewery!
    Here’s how it works:
    1) Submit up to 5 beer recipe ideas to opengreenhouse@hopsandgrain.com between now and Sunday November 4, 2012.
    Please include your name and email address so we can contact you if you win.
    Note: Include as much detail as possible, but minimally we need the base beer style (i.e. Brown Ale, IPA, Belgian Tripel) plus any additional ingredients (i.e. nutmeg, cherries, green tea, centennial hops, etc…). If you send us a recipe with things like saffron or civet coffee it probably won’t get chosen due to cost and well, someone else already did that!
    2) We will choose the top 4 recipes and post them to the Hops & Grain facebook page where you can vote for your favorite.
    3) The recipe with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins, and the creator will be invited to the brewery to participate in the brewing of their winning recipe on our Greenhousepilot brewing system.
    4) The winning beer will be released in our tap room some time in December as one of the regularly rotating Greenhouse selections, and the winner can invite all of their friends and family to come try out their brew and brag about their concocting skills.
    We’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with, so get crafting and good luck!

dumptruck81 likes this.
  2. BK1017

BK1017 Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2009 Texas

I told them to make a brown ale infused with coffee, pumpkin spices, vanilla beans, cherries (tart of course), reese's pieces, and fish sauce then fermented with wild yeast harvested from hippy arm pits. Of course the beer would be barrel aged, and the barrel would be inoculated with bacteria and yeast that were cultured from bits of amber, then genetically recombinated with frog DNA. Give it a nice round dinosaur taste. Of course, the beer would be served on nitro. Duh!

I swear if Dogfish rips my idea off, I'm going to be PISSED!

BK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.