Hey, Vegas! Let's grab a beer!

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Todd, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Candice and I just decided to use some points on a last minute, quick trip to Vegas for our anniversary. We'll have some free time to meet up for some beers starting tomorrow night thru Saturday afternoon. Still working on the details, but we'll post updates here. We hit the ground early tomorrow evening, so we might be up for some beers soon after.

We plan on definitely hitting up @AcesandAles and at least one brewery before we leave, but it's been a while since we've been in Vegas. Anything new that we absolutely can't miss?

Hope to grab a cold one (or 10) with some of you...

Cheers!

BrewTasting likes this.
  2. JBogan

JBogan Pooh-Bah (1,837) Jul 15, 2007 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Wednesday nights starting at 6 pm at Khoury's are always fun with a good turnout of beer people. This week they will be tapping Firestone's Stickee Monkee and also their Agrestic ale. Friday evenings there's also a large beery crowd there. Both nights also usually feature one of the local food trucks, and some of them are quite good.

I'll keep a lookout on your updates and hope to join you and Candice for a few (or more) at some point. Cheers!

BrewTasting likes this.
  3. lonestarstate97

lonestarstate97 Crusader (443) Apr 10, 2014 Texas

Make sure to hit BOTH aces and ales. They have 90 minute in a little grocery store in the cosmo hotel.

4. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Grand Pooh-Bah (3,697) Sep 11, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You picked the one weekend that I won't be there! Have fun! Try to stop by Khoury's if you are in town on Thursday.

5. TheLVBeerGuy

TheLVBeerGuy Crusader (401) Oct 26, 2010 Nevada

@Todd Let me know if you guys make it up to @AcesandAles Teneya! Would love to swing by and grab a pint or two. The only new things really are Banger Brewing Company Downtown and a few new spots in the Henderson "booze district"

BeerZombies1 likes this.
  6. lasvegasbeck

lasvegasbeck Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2014 Nevada

Visit Aces and Ales Tenaya tonight. I'll be there with some friends. They have Stone Enjoy By, Smoked Porter with Chipotle Peppers, Firestone Walker Woockey Jack and Easy Jack, Ballast Point Grunion, Green Flash 11th Anniversary West Coast IPA, Santa Fe Java Imperial Stout, and many others on draft...

7. Todd

We might be up for @AcesandAles - Tenaya later tonight. What's a good time?

8. Todd

I believe I owe @Destral a beer (or 10) too.

BrewTasting likes this.
  9. Destral

Destral Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2009 Nevada

Khoury's and Aces and Ales Nellis are your best bets. As someone said, tonight Khoury's is doing a mini tap takeover for Firestone Walker that should be great. Wednesdays also feature a pretty good crowd of beer enthusiasts and bottle share.

Say hi to Jennilee at Aces. She's the best. They are also now starting a Wednesday deal where its 25% off all bottles.

Last night Atomic Liquor did all 12 of the Beer Camp Across America beers for Sierra Nevada. Not sure if they pulled them off or if they still have some on.

You can skip Banger Brewing. I really don't understand how this place keeps getting recommended. Their beers have ranged from movie theatre popcorn to crimes against humanity. They have a couple novelty beers El Jefe (jalapeno hef) and Sandia (watermelon wheat) which keep tricking people into trying them. Unless they've drastically improved, I just don't get it. Different strokes I guess...

BrewTasting likes this.
  10. Destral

I like this post.

11. Todd

I hope you claim your beer(s) then.

12. Destral

None of the breweries in the "booze district" are open yet. Bad Beat has their opening next Friday on the 11th. Looking forward to checking it out. I heard Crafthaus was pushing to try and be ready for end of August.

13. Todd

We land at 5:15pm. Not sure if Khoury's is an option today, but everyone keeps on recommending it.

14. kCAL

kCAL Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2007 Nevada

Joseph James Brewing Company in Henderson doesn't have a tasting room or brew pub but we can make arrangements for "industry" people if you want to come down for a beer tomorrow afternoon.

And you should definitely try to make it to Khoury's tonight. :slight_smile:

lovepea likes this.
  15. krisandarcy

krisandarcy Aspirant (293) Apr 4, 2009 Idaho

Khoury's is awesome. Just wish I didn't live on the complete opposite side of town :slight_frown:

16. bstill

bstill Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2005 Maryland

go to Aria.. I make a house beer for them and you can get buckets of Classique at the pool (shotgun!!).. they also carry most of the Stillwater line up and other cool craft brewzz ;7

17. Todd

We're staying there.

18. B-Nut-GoBlue

B-Nut-GoBlue Pundit (888) Apr 22, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

I was just at Aria last weekend. I apparently preferred and was in the mood for the $26 32oz cocktails by the pool (they were tasty as hell, however).

Got a bottle of FW Sucaba at Todd English before heading out one night (pregaming with 13.5 ABV on the reg!!); nice that it's right outside Aria's lobby.

19. Destral

We are usually going strong til at least 9pm. Khoury's closes at 10, but on Wednesdays its usually closer to 10:30/11 depending on what people are doing.

UncleJimbo likes this.
  20. doublej584j

doublej584j Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2013 Illinois

Ba'er from Chicago who arrived today. I can't make anything tonight but wouldn't mind meeting fellow advocates in the coming days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.