Herbst in Bayern

Discussion in 'Germany' started by steveh, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveh

steveh Grand Pooh-Bah (4,030) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thought I'd start a thread for those who are traveling in the old country this Autumn -- @Bierman9 -- wonder if anyone is monitoring the forum and can send us some vicarious inspiration from the center of it all.

Gutes_Bier likes this.
  2. bartlebierle

bartlebierle Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2014 Germany

Zoiglfest near Neuhaus on Oct 3?

3. -N8

-N8 Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2014 Germany

steveh likes this.
  4. Lurchus

Lurchus Zealot (733) Jan 19, 2014 Germany

I was at the "Tag der Kommunbrauer" years ago, and I bet it hasn't changed. It is like a Volksfest, not with rides, but with tents at some Zoiglstuben, and live bands and such. It is,on the one hand, a unique opportunity to taste all Zoigls at once. On the other hand, I feel that ,while it is not bad and the prices for everything are as usual very cheap, going zoigling on a regular day is still a very different experience and one should not miss this as well.

steveh likes this.
  5. bartlebierle

I do not want to diminish your joint fun, and know in fact that when having guests the company itself will make the experience... - yet from having lived in beer desert Stuttgart for 5 years and a having attended the Canstatter Wasen a few times I can assure you Stuttgarter Hofbräu and Dinkelacker's very middling offerings will not be the highlight.

Whereas seeing your Denver friends come to terms with easting greasy Schupfnudeln as a fingerfood snack might just well be...

boddhitree likes this.
  6. bartlebierle

Thanks, I am preparing myself for this.

What if one combined a day in Neuhaus with a follow-up day in Windescheschenbach next door? Do the latter join in the Volksfest mania or might finer, low-key pleasures to be had there on Sunday after Zoiglfest?

7. Stahlsturm

Stahlsturm Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2005 Germany
    In Memoriam

Kneitinger Bockbier Anstich on October 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.