Guinness Launches Red Harvest Stout, A New Fall Seasonal Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Aug 26, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

MAGH SLÉCHT, IRELAND (Aug 2013) – Celebrating ancient Celtic traditions, Guinness & Co. today announced that GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout, a new, limited edition seasonal beer, will be available in the United States this fall. This new craft brew, which captures the spirit of the fall season, provides a change of pace from the array of pumpkin beers often available this time of year while incorporating centuries old Celtic traditions.

With GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout, the makers of GUINNESS bring to the American beer drinker the ancient Celtic tradition of Samhain. In centuries past, Samhain (pronounced saw-wen) was the festival held every year on All Hallows’ Eve in celebration of the end of the fall harvest and the coming of winter. Legend tells that on this night, restless spirits are beckoned from the darkness with bonfires and sweet offerings from the bountiful fall harvest. GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout captures the spirit of this ancient Celtic tradition and represents Guinness’ brewmasters’ own crafting of this special offering to adult consumers for this fall season.

GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout celebrates the brand’s brewing tradition with its mildly sweet, velvety taste and deep red hue. The stout is crafted with a blend of lightly roasted barley which allows for aromas of caramel and toffee and is supported by a sweet malty taste. When poured into a pint glass, the nitrogen widget creates the iconic surge, unleashing the sweet and alluring flavors and delivering a distinctively smooth, flavorful taste experience to be enjoyed responsibly.

“GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout is perfect for Fall and offers a great change of pace from the pumpkin seasonals crowding beer shelves,” said Doug Campbell, Brand Director, GUINNESS beer. “GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout has a unique ancient Celtic connection with Halloween through the story of Samhain, and we encourage adult beer fans to enjoy it in moderation with friends and family.”

Available in four-packs of 14.9oz cans (4.1% ABV) at a price comparable to other Premium Imports, GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout will be launched at retail and in bars nationwide this September.

When celebrating your own traditions this fall, Celtic or otherwise, Guinness reminds all consumers to enjoy GUINNESS® Red Harvest Stout responsibly.

About GUINNESS®
    The GUINNESS® brand enjoys a global reputation as a uniquely authentic Irish beer and the best-selling stout in the world. Famous for its dark color, creamy head and unique surge and settle, this distinctive beer has been brewed at the St. James’s Gate brewery in Dublin, Ireland since 1759. Over 10 million glasses of GUINNESS beer are enjoyed every single day around the world, and 1.8 billion pints are sold every year. GUINNESS beer is available in well over 100 countries worldwide and is brewed in almost 50. Also from the makers of GUINNESS, SMITHWICK’S, Ireland’s oldest and best selling ale and HARP Lager, whose name pays tribute to the GUINNESS logo and the national symbol of Ireland. Additional information about the GUINNESS brand can be found at www.guinness.com.

About Diageo
    Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, JεB, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.

Diageo is a global company, with its products sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.

Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.

###

lenni, Damian74 and creepinjeeper like this.
  2. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2008 California

A red stout? What am I missing here.

RobinLee and joelwlcx like this.
  3. hellhammermario

hellhammermario Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 North Carolina

If I have to read "ancient Celtic tradition" one more time.

FrankHammer and ant880 like this.
  4. Hanglow

Hanglow Pooh-Bah (1,977) Feb 18, 2012 Scotland
    Pooh-Bah

It also says it's craft. Quiet at the back.

DanH83 likes this.
  5. Hobby

Hobby Initiate (0) May 26, 2012 Michigan

I heard about this one a few months back and look forward to trying it in September. I like Guinness, people hate on beers way too much. Lots of people say Guinness has no flavor, that's BS, Guinness is not an Imperial Stout. If you want a stout bursting with flavor then that's your route.

6. bkov33

bkov33 Zealot (630) Dec 5, 2007 New Jersey

so is it a red/amber ale or is it a stout?

7. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,146) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

The only red stouts I've had (micro/nano-brewed) were quite good. I'll give this a try.

DanH83 and steveh like this.
  8. Hanglow

Hanglow Pooh-Bah (1,977) Feb 18, 2012 Scotland
    Pooh-Bah

I do wonder what a red stout is going to be like . What grains will they use and how red will it be? What are any current microbrewed ones like?

9. olekern

olekern Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2010 California

It's red/amber-ish stout. Really. I tried it last week. I won't say anymore. Try it for yourselves.

10. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Sounds interesting enough to try.

steveh likes this.
  11. wr3ck00n

wr3ck00n Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 North Carolina

I've only just started getting into the whole beer thing and actually trying the snazzier stuff.. don't think that has included a red stout just yet. I consider their Extra Stout to be a pretty decent, or at least better than just okay, 'can find most anywhere' stout. Also, my guy happens to love their Draught, his just go to in general, so we're definitely a Guinness friendly house. I'm very curious to give this a try.. maybe it'll be one of the few we actually both enjoy.

12. charlzm

charlzm Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2007 California

Yes. One of those.

13. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

If you tried it, tell us how it is, and what it's like. This isn't an advertizment site, everything here is word of mouth... So mouth your words! Lol

EDIT: "Try it for yourself" sounds a bit shillish... Just sayin'

14. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Pooh-Bah (1,675) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah

I'll try it heck how bad could it be?

mverity likes this.
  15. opwog

opwog Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

First beer was a Guinness...and my second, third, fourth and probably the first few months of drinking beer. I'll always try whatever they release, even if it does sound a little odd.

16. papat444

papat444 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2006 Canada (QC)

I'm always down to try something at least once :grinning:

17. mschofield

mschofield Pooh-Bah (1,847) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Guiness draught is already red .. http://beeradvocate.com/articles/662
    Of course that color is generally accepted as 'black' in the beer world, same as our definition of 'white' wouldn't meet the strict definitions of the top chromatologists

18. Derranged

Derranged Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2010 New York

Guinness draught is a bit bland, but that's because of an advanced palate. Guinness Extra and Guinness Foreign Extra have more flavor to it, especially the latter .

Bigbadboris likes this.
  19. Tut

Tut Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2004 New York

Guinness has no flavor compared to normal strength craft stouts. Try comparing it to Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout. Guinness is bland and boring - yawnnnn.

20. TheNightwatchman

TheNightwatchman Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2009 Pennsylvania

I'll certainly give it a try. I still enjoy the occasional Guinness when I'm at the bar.

DanH83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.