1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Growling at the Moon (I think 4) hints and hauls.

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beachstrength49

beachstrength49 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Pennsylvania

Have already locked down multiple top wants (beer & glass) for my target and will be filling a few growlers up next saturday to send off monday from a local so cal brewery that is about to celebrate it's second birthday at the end of the month. I am also considering upgrading my target's t-shirt size because he may need a bigger one after I'm through with him :grinning:.

Snikwad1020, sandman3479 and johnyb like this.
  2. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2012 New York
    Trader

and with a quick drive on my lunch break over to a neighboring state I have secured a couple of my target's wants. The rest of the box will be beers my target doesn't even realize he wants yet!

sandman3479 likes this.
  3. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Illinois

I think I can about a dozen or so wants off of my targets list.

My target has 5 numbers in his/her zip code.

4. martin123012

martin123012 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 New Jersey

dosent everyone?

5. match1112

I'm not good at giving hints and I really suck at hide and seek.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  6. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

but you don't suck at rocking porches!

7. bb8189

bb8189 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 Ohio

So I had a half baked idea to create a custom tri-growler shipper. Not sure if it's cost-effective, but oh well - it should last awhile. I bought a concrete post tube at Home Depot and cut it into 3 sections to fit in the box and then spray foamed the hell out of it. A growler plus lots of bubble wrap will fit in each tube. This bastard will be shipped out on Tuesday firing all three tubes! Box of bottles to be sent soon after.

Heading to a state with a baseball team in the American League.

[​IMG]

8. johnyb

johnyb Pooh-Bah (2,272) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

To my target, you might think you have the upper hand here, knowing what you know. Know this, just when you think you've got this game all figured out, you never know when somebody will come along and change all the rules.

9. johnyb

johnyb Pooh-Bah (2,272) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Somebody call Homeland Security, I think he's up to something here.

7clutch likes this.
  10. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

I more interested in what MacGyver could make with the garden hose, sand paper, Minwax stain and the purple sheet

Great idea though

11. martin123012

martin123012 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 New Jersey

Id really like to know how this works. I might be making sane things
    Gonna need at least to boxes tho. Ooops

12. Snikwad1020

Snikwad1020 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2011 Maryland

That is a thing of beauty!! I may have to follow your lead here

7clutch likes this.
  13. Snikwad1020

Snikwad1020 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2011 Maryland

At least 3 presidents hail from the same state as my target

14. match1112

Almost got excited.....
    Too bad Obama is from Kenya:slight_frown:

minnesotaryan likes this.
  15. bb8189

I think I've succeeded in building a growler bomb shelter. Apart from getting mauled by the forks on a loader, I can't see this thing failing to protect its cargo. I'm half tempted to build another for the sole purpose of testing its limits with some water filled growlers....throw it down the stairs, off the roof, etc :wink:

If I make another one to ship out someday, I'll try harder to prevent the sides from bulging out. I assumed the expansion would be completely forced upwards. It mostly was, but as you can see, the sides ended up with some bulging.

16. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2012 Connecticut
    Trader

Spent the weekend collecting growlers from 3 different New England states for my target. Boxes are almost ready to be sent and should go out Monday.
    Boxes will be traveling west to a state, home to an NHL team where my cousin used to work. Not the best hint since most of the participants here have an NHL team in there state (not me, go Whalers!).

sandman3479 likes this.
  17. bb8189

All packed and ready to ship out some Ohio growlers on Monday. I think its a two day trip - sorry Cali.

I think it's safe to say my target has never had any of these and I'm proud of the way this came together - 99, 97, 92 ratings.

Waiting on a side trade (should land early this week) to bring in a few goodies and will ship the box of bottles/schwag asap.

18. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

box in a box would remedy side bulging, I am impressed with your method, I intend to play with this concept as well.

19. Wolfpack2005

Wolfpack2005 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 North Carolina

Got all the non-growler beer ready to go. Plan on picking up all the growlered beer this weekend for a Monday ship. I'm shipping to a state that is smaller than mine.

20. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2013 Arizona

I've got my boxes all planned out, some bottles and shwag picked up. I'll be ready to ship at the end of the week or Monday so the Growlers are as fresh as possible for July 4th.

Hint #2: I'm shipping to a state with a higher population than mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.