FW Sucaba - SoCal Sightings

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by luisc123, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erichxedge

erichxedge Crusader (451) Nov 29, 2009 California

OC / SD / San Berdo / South Bay should all be getting it early next week ... Just got to our warehouse on Thursday and it will be in all warehouses on Tuesday ready to go out on Wednesday.

Korker likes this.
  2. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (1,050) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Just got an automated email that BevMo Pleasanton has like 50+ bottles. Which is weird, because I sure as hell didn't sign up for that store.

JustXBeer likes this.
  3. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Pooh-Bah (1,899) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah

Haha, same here.

4. besaunders

besaunders Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2007 California

Sounds like somebody's email notification system went awry.

5. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

As much as I love Bill's, they are often that few bucks more pricey than I expect. Though I guess that just leads to why they're good. You can find last year's bottles of stuff like this and Parabola on the shelf or in the back if asked.

Picked up 1 at Ramirez. More than what I usually pay at WF, but just wanted to secure one in.

6. vince4953529

vince4953529 Pundit (909) Sep 28, 2006 California

I saw a bunch at TW Cucamonga yesterday.

7. Srsly

Srsly Crusader (496) Mar 21, 2010 California

I always panic about these FW releases because they fly off the shelves when they first land, and I end up calling everywhere and paying several extra dollars (often at Bill's) to make sure I get one. Then, like a month after I get my bottle, it seems like there are cases sitting on the shelf at every whole foods in town. I'm gonna hold off for a bit on this one and see if it pays off.

8. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Pooh-Bah (1,899) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah

Yeah, this is how I remember it playing out last year.

9. DCRA

DCRA Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 California

There was literally too many cases to count at the Total Wine in RC. At one per person and that price point, it should last a while.

10. CenCalMario

CenCalMario Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2009 California

Had Sucaba today.... very nice! Lots layers of flavors...lots of vanilla, loved it.

11. grandmachine

grandmachine Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2010 California

I saw the bottle at bills for $31.99 and I was like "last time I'm shopping here." Ramirez has it for $17.99 which was also pricey, but I decided to bite the bullet because I didn't want drive around looking for one. I'll pick up another bottle if I see it under $15 bucks. Is Sucaba too hot to drink fresh?

12. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 California

Wait, Bill's is selling Sucaba for $31.99? you are joking right?

13. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Maven (1,424) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

$31.99? Great Gobfucks! Do you get your choice of his netherholes to shove the empty bottle when you're done? I'm just thinking that if Mr. Bill enjoys inflicting such financial pain, he might crave a little discomfort as well.

14. grandmachine

grandmachine Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2010 California

No joke. Here's a picture I posted on Instagram.

http://followgram.me/i/390890847018829828_2985145

15. Earlycsquid

wow. I didn't think it was THAT much higher, way more than "a few", but yeah. Now it makes complete sense why they'll have bottles sitting there for the year.

Yeah, Ramirez was a few bucks more than I wanted to pay, but went with them because it saved me the $3 on gas it would take to drive around. Will also be waiting as it's a given that this sucker will be on some shelves come a month or two.

16. mlobster

mlobster Devotee (325) Dec 30, 2012 California

The $31 price tag was what I meant by ridiculous price gouging since I was fine with the $17 that Ramirez charged because Buzz was also selling bottles for the same price.

17. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

The excessive pricing is kind of an insult to regulars. I'm reluctant to support a business that chooses to shaft its customer base by raising the price so high.

18. hopsputin

hopsputin Grand Pooh-Bah (4,017) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

called Ramirez this morning - they're out.

19. Earlycsquid

I hear Ramirez's Pico store may be opening within the next week. I would keep my ear to the ground there as they've been storing some amazing stuff for their grand opening.

20. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2012 California

WOW! That is literally over twice what I paid for my bottles. They should just be ashamed, and I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't know better than to pay that.

Edited to say that this is one of the "goto" bottle shops in LA that I'd not yet been to, and I've recently been considering checking them out. After seeing this, I definitely will never be making that trip.

Angst likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.