1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Frozen Beer (fantasy hockey) Trash Talk and Potential Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by chrisp450, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Elias has cooled down, but Seguin and Loui are heating up. If only Buffalo didn't suck, I'd be much better off. And can't wait until Sharpie starts lighting the lamp. Damn streaky scorers!

2. merc7186

merc7186 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 New York

Tell me about it...Zetterberg, Vanek, St. Louis, Clarkson have all been dogging it for me lately with Tavares and Kane slowing down some too. ...and Yes, Buffalo does suck :slight_smile:

3. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Utah

What a great KO. I love fights in hockey. The only stupid thing is now we have to hear ESPN bitch about fighting in hockey. Leave it alone. It's tradition!

4. merc7186

Since when does ESPN talk about hockey??? I even heard the great hockey mind Stephen A. Smith say that the Miami Heat win streak was way more impressive than the Chicago Blackhawks streak.

5. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2009 Washington

This is why Canadians laugh at Americans who try to talk hockey. Comedic.

6. imfrommichigan

Did you see him and Barry Melrose debating? That was great. I've been seeing a ton of hockey lately on SportsCenter I think mostly because of the Blackhawk's streak. To me, it seems like ESPN is pushing more and more hockey into their broadcast. Attendance and TV ratings are still going up. Someone has to capitalize!

7. OddNotion

OddNotion Pooh-Bah (1,853) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

what a complete joke... 2 to 3 players can control an nba team for a season but in hockey you wont be successful unless at minimum 3 lines are playing great plus the top 2 D pairs and goalie no matter how many superstars you have... just take a look at tampa bay

8. imfrommichigan

Yeah.. and sadly to say my Wings too. Those top two lines are among the best in the league but once the Grand Rapids Griffins get out there they get dominated. That became very apparent in that last game against the Blackhawks.

9. merc7186

I will admit that I really don't watch ESPN anymore, stopped about 3 years ago when the first 58 minutes of a broadcast was NBA, NFL offseason doing, MLB spring training, WNBA, SC Top 10, the random feel good story...then 2 minutes of quick hockey. Now, the only time I turn it on is when I am on the road for work, Ill throw it on in the room and usually leave.

10. OakedCanuck

Same here. On the road for work and I don't know the local channels, lol. Plus cracking a beer into hotel room plastic cups is always great.

Secondary scoring wins championships.

Canucks fans are bags of dicks.

That is all for now.

You're welcome.

11. merc7186

Need to make road friends...hook yourself up on a BA Date. I've got two different tasting groups set up on the road for when I am in those towns. Had a killer tasting line up on Tuesday night (was useless yesterday).

12. OakedCanuck

Nice, I've done a few road trades and got together for a tasting at RR with the 'known' NorCal contingent last year, great times.

Soooo, who is going to be in the middle of Nebraska in July or in the middle of Denali National Park from August to October? LOL!

13. imfrommichigan

Alright we're halfway through the season. Looks like a few of us, including me, may as well pack up our boxes.

14. OddNotion

Pooh-Bah Society

I thought that a week ago when I was 35 points off the lead, now im only 6 off... just takes some players to get a hot streak and your right back in it.

15. merc7186

...or your entire team to get injured, find cold streaks, and have goaltenders line up to give up 4-5 goals per game. I think I was kind enough to drop 19 points over the last 10 days...that always helps too.

16. OddNotion

Pooh-Bah Society

Thats true, all teams get streaky, first few my team did what yours is doing now. Point being, we still have half the season to go!:sunglasses:

17. imfrommichigan

I'm just searching for any excuse to hide the beers for this BIF from myself to keep from drinking! They just look so tasty.

18. merc7186

...the way to do that is keeping buying beers and making trades like an idiot. It has helped me along in this quest and now I have more IPAs than I can keep up with....and I am not even buying IPAs.

19. imfrommichigan

Yeah I haven't bought or traded for an IPA in a long time. Always get them as extras which is great. I may have exhausted the MI IPA market.

20. merc7186

I am purposely not buying or trading for any of them either...but in the last two weeks, Ive gotten 7 different ones and that doesnt even include this shit that I got muled from the HF release last wee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.