Freetail Sept 15th Bottle Release

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by miikezombie, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miikezombie

miikezombie Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Texas

Both IMO. Freetail release days are much quieter than JK's events. The only problem is I always run into jl28r1 at Freetail. I guess I have to keep dreaming of a perfect world.

2. raffy313

raffy313 Pundit (911) Dec 15, 2010 Texas

Dude, shhhhhhhhhush..... It won't stay that way if everyone keeps telling EVERYONE to go. :angry:...

...:slight_smile:

3. jl28r1

jl28r1 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2011 Texas

Thanks for pointing that out. You need to understand that Miikezombie is not all that smart. He must be off his meds again. :wink:

nate8767, raffy313 and pwsoldier like this.
  4. miikezombie

Totally. Freetail stinks. Yay JK best brewery evah.

nate8767 and jl28r1 like this.
  5. miikezombie

Only as smart as the company I keep. And the court order expired so no more anger management classes or medication.

6. Danielbt

Danielbt Initiate (0) May 4, 2012 Texas

Yeah, no one's going to volunteer to go to an even with delicious, delicious beer and not drink any.

7. Danielbt

Danielbt Initiate (0) May 4, 2012 Texas

That's probably because you can only get their beer at the brewpub. I can't wait for the ridiculous laws in this state to change.

8. jl28r1

jl28r1 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2011 Texas

Oh shit! Lock up your daughters!!!!

nate8767 likes this.
  9. miikezombie

Its like The Joker was released from Arkham Asylum. The Joker with a half broken Abyss bottle.

nate8767 likes this.
  10. turfy

turfy Maven (1,438) Mar 17, 2010 Texas
    Trader

Right now my plan is to go. Have some good stouts in the cellar to share!

11. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Pundit (973) Feb 3, 2009 Texas

If I can hold onto Hill Farmstead stuff long enough, I'll be bringing some of that along, as well as some other good stuff.

Cheers,
    Chad

12. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Pundit (973) Feb 3, 2009 Texas

Also, I just submitted this event to be added to the calendar, so watch for that and RSVP once it is available. Look forward to meeting plenty of new BAs there!

Cheers!
    Chad

13. mhenson42

mhenson42 Maven (1,409) Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Trader

14. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Anybody want to toss out some cool hotels in the area? Me and my girlfriend are talking about coming down from Fort Worth and may just stay locally if we can't hitch a ride from Austin the rest of the way in.

We both spent some time reading about Fortuna Roja..seriously everything about it's reviews makes my mouth water. That and the raspberry Ananke. I will be swimming in wild's for the fall.

15. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2007 Minnesota

There's a very nice Drury Inn by I-10/1604. There's also a Staybridge Suites near 1604/281. Those are the only two that I can think of in that area, though I'm sure there's more. Both are less than 10 minutes away from Freetail.

16. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Good to know...I'll spend some time on priceline today. There should be plenty of time the day of to nab a good deal in the area I'll have those place in mind.

17. Grendle

Grendle Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

The Drury Inn may be a bit over priced due to it being relatively new. Anywhere along I10 no further than Huebner is easily a 10-12 minute drive with other places more economically priced. I live in the area trust me.

18. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Texas

Holy Crap!!! I cannot believe it took me this long to try this place out. I went today and had the Realtail 2012 and sampled the Porto Gallito. Both were excellent. And when I asked who did the label art, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my hostess was the artist. The pizza was equally excellent. I am a huge fan and I cant wait to pick up a few bottles of Realtail and Gallito in September! Exquisite beer, delicious food, and beautiful artwork! I'm a fan.

jl28r1 likes this.
  19. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Texas

Bottle share list here. I figured it give us something else to look forward to, and possibly keep track of everything that is eventually opened up.​

20. miikezombie

Nice. I will try to add a few things when I can.

Maybe we can finally complete the Ananke trade too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.