Founders KBS Release (2014)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Jaycase, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike409

mike409 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan

wife and i got tickets to thursday, we both work at 3 so we will have a nice lunch at founders grab our bottles and go to work. Oh and not worry about truck chasing. If i happen on more its just icing baby...

EricTKole and steebo777 like this.
  2. mike409

mike409 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan

let me know when you can buy 8 KBBS and BA abraxas

3. Ckoz

Ckoz Savant (1,130) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

But the whole point of lists of that nature is that it represents a wider variety of viewpoints. You're entitled to yours. But to simply call KBS an above average beer has me seriously questioning your sense of what is "better".

Considering it still sold out in minutes I'd say very few if any really agree with your outlook on this one. It's the reason why people flock for Pliny and others...because they really are that damn good.

tommyz likes this.
  4. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Illinois

You could buy the equivalent of 12x 12oz bottles of BA Abraxas at the last release..... and the equivalent of 14x 12oz bottles of BAMC at that release.....

5. fishmich

fishmich Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

dude i know right. i think you have me convinced. i dont need any KBS, im just gonna drink the 8 bottles of KBBS and BVDL i have that i can buy in numerous states across the country instead. thank goodness those brewerys are good enough at making beer that they can make so much of a world class barrel aged stout that they can have a 5 day release event that includes 16 bars and then distribute the beer to half the country.

6. Marti403

Marti403 Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2011 Michigan

[​IMG]

You think KBS is mediocre? Good for you. Here's a picture of ICP.

mjshearer1, JohnB87, beerhan and 3 others like this.
  7. sbxx

sbxx Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2011 Illinois

Fuckin Founders. How do they work?

ravot, mjshearer1, BT_Bobandy and 4 others like this.
  8. Anonymous1

More beer doesn't equal better beer. Not sure what your point is. Like bottles shops need even more opportunities to split up 4-packs and charge $10 per bottle, or bars charging $1+ per oz. I just remember the year that they cut the limit from one case to a half case and told everyone they were tripling the KBS production.....now a few years later you can buy less than ever. So much for that. Founders seems more focused on expanding that footprint than making better beer.

9. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Glad your negative attitude won't be there.

EricTKole, ravot, Grohnke and 7 others like this.
  10. fishmich

well you just stick to your BA Abraxas and KBBS then. we need to make a meme for you with the most interesting man in the world that reads, "I dont always drink beer but when I do I prefer to tell everyone how much better it is than the beer they like to drink."

steebo777 and MichPaul like this.
  11. MichPaul

MichPaul Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Michigan

Right? Funny how butt hurt is SO easy to detect...

12. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Grand Pooh-Bah (3,248) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

The more people 'willing' to not attend means the more people willing to pass up their allocation. This will sell out regardless.

13. Anonymous1

Sorry I hurt your feels because I have a different opinion about a beer/brewery.

14. Abawol01

Abawol01 Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2013 Michigan

They changed the label last year to read "A Flavored Stout" because the old label didn't get approval. You can't claim a consumable to cure anything it doesn't like the old label said it did.

Jaycase, tommyz and Ckoz like this.
  15. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2011 Michigan

Available all week

16. craigo19

craigo19 Zealot (673) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan

Got my ticket for Saturday with no issues unlike last year. I should have had the wife buy one because a friend got shut out and we would have muled it for him like we did BBBPT5th. I hope that the glass is better than last years.

17. Ckoz

Ckoz Savant (1,130) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Not to go off topic but was getting BBPT5th as bad as they said it was?

18. fishmich

my feels are fine man, i just like to pick at people who would rather complain than have a good time. i think beer is something different to you than it is to me.

back on the thread topic though, my wife and i will be there Thursday. for those of you that frequent Grand Rapids, which of the bars that are tapping KBS that day would be the most recommended to visit?

19. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois

Just taking a wild guess that they're all going to be crowded, and early, so whichever one is closest to where you're staying so you can find an easy way back to, is probably the best for your situation.

20. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Pooh-Bah (1,904) Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah

I'd like some guidance too but for Friday. Here's the list, any locals with suggestions would be nice.

Tues 3/19
    Rockwell/Republic
    4:00pm
    The Score
    6:00pm
    Monelli's
    8:00pm
    The Cottage Bar
    10:00pm

Wed, 3/19
    HopCat
    5:00pm