Founders Bolt Cutter 15th Anniversary Barley Wine

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by joshrosborne, Jun 24, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2009 Illinois

I CAN HAZ?

barleywinefiend likes this.
  2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

This one's only for true barleywine fans, sorry.

3. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2009 Illinois

I need to stock up on some sours to trade for more bottles of this, which also brings up the point that i really need to track down a deca 10th soon.

aasher likes this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I'm kind of hoping it isn't barrel aged, cause if it isn't they should be able to make enough to go around without the barrel bottleneck.

5. Corbet

Corbet Pundit (774) Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

This beer will be terrible and much worse than King Henry. Everybody should ignore this thread, the label is a photoshop.

6. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina

we get Mephistopheles, and its somewhere over 16%

7. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

FUCK. YES. I cannot wait.

8. Mavajo

Mavajo Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2007 Georgia

I coulda sworn that the Meph I picked up in North Carolina said 15% on the label. Wouldn't be surprised if the ABV fluctuates between batches.

9. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Savant (1,223) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Ohio actually had a provision in the budget bill that would have raised the ABV limit but then it was taken out.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  10. iwantsomerocks

iwantsomerocks Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Massachusetts

Sounds great..IF I can actually find some before all you scum tear the shelves apart. :stuck_out_tongue:

SimonesRules likes this.
  11. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

anniversary party in November...I'm there! Mark it down, GR here I come. Prepare yourself for Subaru sleeping, 5 AM puking, and hippie tacos at the HopCat.

12. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina

Ha I think they relabelled it. I got one in a trade from a guy in CO that was 16.43%, and the same batch here said the same.

13. vivasbeer

vivasbeer Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2012 Michigan

There will be no bottle release at the brewery for this one.

*EDIT. Nevermind....I was confusing what I saw on Facebook with FMB release

14. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Can't help but wonder if the giant-ass Budweiser facility in the capital city has anything to do with that...

williamDbar and kmatlack like this.
  15. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Savant (1,223) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

There's obviously no direct proof to that, but I imagine it certainly played a part. It made it all the way to the conference committee marking up the bill. I think it was taken out on a Monday night and signed by the Governor on Thursday. So it was definitely last minute.

16. Hanzo

Why would Bud care about super high ABV beer? I mean if someone wants to drink a Bud they aren't going to be pulled away from it by a 15% barley wine. But I guess it would allow more craft in general to show up, which is a bad theing for them.

17. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Yet their "own" products such as BCBS, Bramble, KH, etc aren't allowed into the state, so I don't see much in the way of a Bud=ABV Cap correlation.

18. loki993

loki993 Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2009 Michigan

Im afraid no matter what they do there will not be enough of this to go around. Im going to assume..Think a backstage release x 10.

19. Hanzo

Why would this be more popular than the backstage series? (honest question)

And it seems they won't have to send any to ABV capped states so more for those that don't have caps.

20. loki993

loki993 Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2009 Michigan

I don't know you may be right. The backstages are usually brews that have reached legendary status. I guess I just saw barleywine and anniversary and figured people would probably go crazy for it, as they usually do for a Founders limited release. Plus all we have is a pic of the label and some people already compared it to King Henry. God help us all when we find out when its released and whats actually in it.

terrapinfan88 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.