FOBAB 2014

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by NickyPogs, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyPogs

NickyPogs Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Has anybody heard any information yet about FoBAB 2014? I've been doing some research but doesn't look like there has been a single thing posted. Everything has been in reference to last year...

2. bradner

bradner Zealot (717) Dec 26, 2007 Illinois

It will be at a new location this year. Somewhere around UIC I think.

trbcrx123 likes this.
  3. Drucifer

Drucifer Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2012 Illinois

It is being held at UIC (pavilion?) this year and will have 3 sessions. Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday night. I'm guessing tickets will jump to $80 as well, but that is speculation.

4. NickyPogs

Trader

Wonder when they are going to announce the date and day for ticket sales, current the two most important pieces of information I'm ISO right now :slight_smile:

5. mychalg9

mychalg9 Pooh-Bah (2,061) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

FB post from ICBG a few minutes ago said:

First official ‪#‎FoBAB‬ committee meeting tonight. Announcements early next week. For now, watch this:

EDIT: Formatted post

NickyPogs likes this.
  6. mychalg9

mychalg9 Pooh-Bah (2,061) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Three sessions would be great except I have a feeling a ton of people would try to go both days.

Drucifer likes this.
  7. NickyPogs

Trader

I don't know if my liver could handle back to back days of FoBAB. I'm positive some people would do it though so they can sample things they didn't get the day before, or see if breweries bring out different things for the next session. But, hopefully most in the community would be content going once and giving someone else a chance to experience the sheer awesomeness of this event.

beerepiphany and mychalg9 like this.
  8. incubuscience

incubuscience Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

A few of us did back-to-back sessions for the last couple years.
    I can't recommend against this enough...

9. NewGlarusFan

NewGlarusFan Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 Illinois

I really liked the Bridgeport Art Center as the venue it was very intimate. Don't be a d-bag and buy back to back days. Let others enjoy the experence.

10. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

I'm hoping for a new, first-floor venue. The elevators at Bridgeport were a bit too intimate.

beerepiphany and NewGlarusFan like this.
  11. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

One day of FOBAB is glorious, two consecutive days of FOBAB is masochism

mychalg9 likes this.
  12. NewGlarusFan

Ha! you're right on that one, some neck beard ripped ass in it on the way down.

13. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

I got stuck in one in 2012...

But, seriously, those elevators are also a huge bottleneck funneling people in. And the whole split rooms thing was... weird, to say the least. That loft had some nice things going for it (skyline, general atmosphere), but the huge lines *everywhere* last year made it difficult to move around. Especially the GI/Fuzzy lines... or the huge BA Abraxas line snaking through the main room. A big space and (maybe) more sessions may help a bit... although it'll be interesting to have the entry requirements change to 3 sessions worth of beer.

14. dtx00

dtx00 Savant (1,054) Oct 21, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I suppose that might not matter if they dont increase the amount of tickets available. Three sessions would be awesome if its spread amongst the same number of people. But who am I kidding, that'll never happen. Last year was my first year and I did enjoy the venue. There is something about a space that uses regular light bulbs that makes things so much nicer than those disgusting florescent bulbs. Maybe that will remain. The increase in price is disappointing but it was also bound to happen. That was a lot of great beer for only $50. Here's to hoping I'm lucky enough to get to attend again this year.

15. jplopez21

jplopez21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

Missed out last 2 years. If I dont go this year ima kick myself in the ass.

16. beerepiphany

beerepiphany Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2010 Illinois

I'd love to see no increase in ticket sales, but a larger, more spread out venue as well. Hopefully reason prevails over $$$$$.

17. Ferocious

Ferocious Pundit (840) Nov 17, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Last year tickets went on sale in early-mid August, so we should be getting that announcement shortly, if the past holds true.

Christiaan and NewGlarusFan like this.
  18. NewGlarusFan

FoBAB is the Six Flags of beer tasting fests, everything else is Kiddy Land

19. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 Michigan

Been the last two years and the venue has been great. No problem with the elevators either. Ya'll need to stop being such babies and bitching about everything/anything.

20. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 Michigan

Ncpogs...OT, is that your dog? I have two Huskies so just wondering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.