Firestone Walker - Parabola 2014

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by DaltonC, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkoz

gkoz Pundit (893) Apr 22, 2013 Arizona

If I had more than 2 bottles of parabola I'd probably trade 3:1 for black note. At this point I wouldn't give up one of them up, rather just hope for success from distribution or a generous ba

2. Circles413

Circles413 Crusader (483) Feb 4, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

I'm not exactly sure. But I'm willing to throw in different bottles if it's the cost that matters. I paid $17 a bottle for each Parabola. I have some Hopslam, Furious & a few others in my trades.

3. bluesfortheredsun

bluesfortheredsun Zealot (638) Jan 27, 2014 California
    Trader

Any word on when it arrives in Arizona?

kerry4porters likes this.
  4. Donco

Donco Pooh-Bah (1,615) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Is that even LEGAL?!

5. Donco

Pooh-Bah Society

Again...I have to disagree on KBS.....much better with 9 months or so on it. Have tried it both ways..

6. Donco

Pooh-Bah Society

Have had them both. And IMO, both are outstanding. But they ARE very different. BCBS really has that amazing bourbon flavor that knocks me out. With World Wide Stout, it is harder to categorize. It has some dark/dried fruit in with this wildly complex stout structure. I've had two bottles so far of the 2013 and loved the second as much as the first...so much that I went out and bought 3 more to go with my 2009 bottle. That one I am going to try soon as I've heard it's a great year for that brew.

7. Circles413

Circles413 Crusader (483) Feb 4, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Sadly it is. Shop owners can deny sales as they feel fit.

8. fishmich

fishmich Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

2 or 3 KBS for one Parabola. keep in mind that Parabola is quite plentiful in some places and runs about $16 or $17. KBS at its cheapest retail is $6. it was $5 at the brewery.

9. merpunk1

merpunk1 Zealot (650) Mar 4, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

I am trading a DL straight up for a Parabola at DLD. I am stoked!

10. Donco

Pooh-Bah Society

Agree. I will trade 2 KBS for a bottle of Parabola.

fugazidps likes this.
  11. lowbit

lowbit Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2013 Wisconsin

Where exactly is Parabola plentiful? And KBS can clearly be found in stores for $5/bottle based on multiple postings in the various recent KBS-related threads.

Two KBS for a Parabola is seriously off, at least with respect to $4$.

12. Fargrow

Fargrow Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan

I just did 4 KBS for a Parabola and Sucaba. Maybe my partner was generous, I thought it was fair.

fugazidps and JOrtt like this.
  13. Fargrow

Fargrow Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan

Black Note was $5.88/per bottle if you were buying by the case. $6.99 for singles. KBS (with ticket price) was $5.38 a bottle if you bought 2 4-packs. Not a huge difference, but the consumers need to know.

14. fishmich

fishmich Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

ive seen 2 KBS go for one Parabola, personally if i were to do that trade i would add some better than average extras. $5 per bottle happens but im used to seeing it for 7-10 at our stupid stores around here. 3 KBS for one Parabola is probably the most fair.

as far as Parabola being plentiful, places like Cali and Arizona i think get pretty large amounts of it. as a matter of fact i know last year it was sold at Costco. ive traded for Parabola multiple times with people from Cali. last year i traded seasonal shelf stuff from Founders and Dark Horse $4$(things like Plead the 5th and imperial Stout) for 3 Parabola, this year i did $4$ with some more limited stuff for 3 bottles and got some redonk extras. also did 2 bottles of regular 4D for one bottle of Parabola this year.

i could see someone from an area with a very limited distro wanting more but ive always traded with people from out west and both sides have always been happy.

Donco likes this.
  15. Jmitchell3

Jmitchell3 Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2013 Arizona

Haven't seen anything yet. I've been checking with total wine and they don't know either, other than April 7th is the "start of the season" in their db. I'd guess it could be any time now.

16. bluesfortheredsun

bluesfortheredsun Zealot (638) Jan 27, 2014 California
    Trader

Now that I think about it, I do remember the Firestone rep for AZ initially saying 1-2 Apr for Phoenix and Flagstaff areas, and 7 Apr for Tucson. I think he then said a couple days later that the state wide release was gonna be 7 Apr.

jolly_lynch likes this.
  17. quindog

quindog Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2010 Colorado

Hit Colorado yesterday - Superior Liquor still had it on the shelves at 5:30 pm. I went in not even thinking Parabola, and was shocked to see it just sitting there. Love it when that happens! And to think of all the time I spent calling shops before Sucaba arrived. Sometimes you have to hunt, and sometimes you just get lucky.

RWNay and tylerstravis like this.
  18. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

It's in town, but I don't think it will hit most stores until Thursday.

19. SummitSeries72

SummitSeries72 Zealot (516) Mar 17, 2011 New Jersey

I agree totally. Both of them are great beers.

20. neurobot01

neurobot01 Maven (1,253) Jan 25, 2014 California

Well, now I know everyone else's pain... After checking in at my local Costco about every other day for the last month, I went in today to find that 6 cases had come and gone in about 2hrs on one of the days I didn't check. Could still get it for $20+ at various liquor stores around town, but, blech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.