Firestone Venice Brewery

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by johnInLA, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnInLA

johnInLA Pooh-Bah (2,286) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just came across this from Firestone ( posted today )

We officially (and finally) have the permits for our new Venice location! Estimated opening date mid-2015. Los Angeles, prepare yourselves.

I've heard the city of Los Angeles was putting them through a time consuming / costly permitting process.

I'm glad to hear they have put it behind them and that we can start looking forward to the opening of the new brewery.

2. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

And yet I still see myself making the 2 hour drive to Barrelworks for events. But I am not going to hate on a location near to fill my growler. Bring it on.

CJNAPS and TheBrewBrotha like this.
  3. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Maven (1,373) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Is it going to be a brewery or a tasting room?

4. johnInLA

johnInLA Pooh-Bah (2,286) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

• small-scale complete pilot brewhouse
    • A Taproom restaurant
    • A discovery center featuring a retail space and training room for educational experiences
    Here's the details:
    http://www.firestonebeer.com/visit/news.php

5. Rocket80

Rocket80 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

Now that I think about it, if we're not going to get a club, this is the next best thing - if us LA folks can just drive over there on the day/week of the big (Parabola, Sucaba, Anniversary) releases and pick up 6 bottles or so this will be amazing. One more step towards never needing to set foot in a bottle shop or having to hunt these down 1 bottle at a time.

Ilpalazzo, johnInLA and ESCO138 like this.
  6. Earlycsquid

Can't we already do that? I mean, this last Parabola season I walked out of the Costco on Venice with two cases of $11 Parabola bottles.

7. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 California

Psyched for this to open -- it's walking distance from my office! Would bet on lunch at least once a week. Less intrigued by bottle possibilities (echoing @Earlycsquid) as much as I am one-off brews on tap, which should give us some interesting, exclusive selections here and there.

8. Drift

Drift Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2014 California
    Trader

I'm so down for this if they bring the barrel works with it

9. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

I'm just hoping they do a society and allow us to specify location for pick up

10. Earlycsquid

I think Barrelworks is going to stay at barrelworks. And that's just the way they like it. But the small pilot batches should indeed give us some interesting stuff.

It will help in the future for Brewery only releases like this coming weekend's Maltose Falcon though.

Black_Rider and Zhiguli like this.
  11. Rocket80

Rocket80 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

I suppose - I mean I love Costco and have been impressed with their rapidly increasing craft beer selection, but having said that, it's not the type of place I'm going to stop at every couple days to see the latest stuff, nor do they have a beer-related social media presence, so at least as of now for me personally, it is not a reliable place to meet my FW needs. A FW presence in Venice would be, that's all I'm saying.

12. TTC

TTC Crusader (455) Jul 16, 2013 California

I think he was being tongue-in-cheek.

13. DCLAguy11

DCLAguy11 Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 California

What would be cool is if they do sell some BW stuff plus vintage FW library bottles....in addition to having FW on tap walking distance away. Can't wait!

Black_Rider likes this.
  14. DCLAguy11

From the LA Weekly Interview [about what might be available at the Venice location]:
    "We hope that some of our cask beers, wild ales [brewed at Barrelworks in Buellton] and barrel-aged releases will be available. Plus any special brews that we are experimenting with that only get tapped at our brewery."

15. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

what sounds cool to me is they're trying to do something different from both the other locations. i'm sure it'll be similar, but it'll be cool to get some tap room-only options unique to LA.

i go to the west side almost every weekend so for me this will be a regular stop

it's nice that this place will spruce up what is otherwise a pretty bungholey intersection in Marina Del Ray

16. DCLAguy11

I agree and I hope it attracts better taplists or other craft beer centric bars/shops in the area. The new Bevmo just opened up a month ago just down on Lincoln.

17. robL

robL Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2010 California

You lie good sir!!! LIE!!!!

Costco is on Washington, not Venice! :wink::rolling_eyes::astonished:

18. JuiceSteez

JuiceSteez Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 California

This will make it soo much easier for those brewery only releases and the tap only options will be a bonus.

19. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

when is the SF location opening :stuck_out_tongue:

SLOCruzin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.