Fact or fiction? The brew kettle sells to...Pannini 's

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by ChrisMon02, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Pooh-Bah (1,611) May 2, 2010 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

Has anyone heard this? An employee told me this yesterday. The makers of White Rajah sold to Pannini's?

2. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Savant (1,222) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

You are the second person I've heard this from. I have no idea of whether it's true or false...but good Lord, I hope it's false.

3. pyite

pyite Zealot (600) Feb 25, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

I hope this isn't ture either

4. BB1313

BB1313 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,278) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

:astonished: :confused::grimacing:

I hope it's just a sick rumor.. but TBK usually lurks around BA and responds when necessary.. so I wouldn't be surprised if someone from TBK responds to this thread directly. This is news to me and I haven't heard anything about it, but who the hell am I?

5. camil1mj

camil1mj Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2010 Michigan

Fairly certain this is true, as I do know they were just sold.

6. caboose9

caboose9 Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2006 Ohio

Strongsville, Ohio?

7. jampics2

jampics2 Pooh-Bah (2,340) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yes, I can confirm 100% that the Brew Kettle in Strongsville, OH was indeed sold. Furthermore, I can confirm that the new owner is also the owner of several Panini's franchises and has plans to franchise the Brew Kettle. The news was broken to employees on Thursday.

I was hoping that this news wouldn't "leak" until I could get some official comments for my next column in Cleveland Scene, but I guess it won't wait for the printed page. From what I've gathered, the Smokehouse, Taproom and BOP were totally & completely sold to new ownership. Chris McKim, the business' founder, has retained stake in the production brewery. I've heard conflicting reports about how much of a stake he continues to own of the production brewery (anywhere from 100% to 30%).

I know this was not an easy decision and I hope the new ownership treats the business and staff as well as Chris did. Let's allow Chris and his staff or the new owner to come out with details when they're ready. Regardless of what the future holds, the Cleveland Craft Beer scene owns Chris for all his hard work and dedication to great beer!

BB1313 likes this.
  8. HopCraverDave

HopCraverDave Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Ohio

Wow...I hope this does not lead to a decline in their products

9. pest

pest Savant (1,027) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Mother of god.

If this affects quality or availability of white rajah there will be hell to pay.

JM03 and pyite like this.
  10. brewkettle

brewkettle Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2005 Ohio

On February 25, 2013 The Brew Kettle has entered a partnership with an investment group by the name of The Brew Kettle Strongsville LLC. No changes other than growth are planned. I will spend most of my days involved in the operations and distribution growth of our beer at The Brew Kettle Production Works LLC and Pam will continue to manage the Brew On Premise. The partnership was really put together to streamline the pub and update some of the physical and operational details that need attention, then expand to additional markets. I just could not financially do it all myself anymore and my time management skills had reached their limits. This is going to be a great improvement for customers, the dedicated staff, the business, our products and The Brew Kettle brand.

I opened The Brew Kettle with myself and one paid employee in 1995. My how things have changed over the past 18 years. We have gone through 7 expansions and The Brew Kettle family now employs well over 80 staff members. My biggest concern regarding this change is making sure that the staff and customers that have been there to help us grow continue to experience exactly what they have come to expect from what was once our little Mom and Pop B.O.P..

You have my word, I have not sold out, for me to return to my roots and grow the brewery is a dream come true as the last 18 years have been. I noticed on a Sam Adams commercial yesterday that Jim Koch's title is Founder. My new title is Founder and Managing Partner. The Craft Beer business is who I am and I certainly have no intentions of going anywhere in the foreseeable future, I would not know what else to do, this business and the craft beer industry is my life.

Thanks for all of your support and please joins us for what undoubtedly with be the biggest and best chapter in the growth of The Brew Kettle.

Cheers,

Chris McKim
    Founder and Managing Partner

11. BB1313

BB1313 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,278) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I understand it's a business decision, so I wouldn't hold that against anyone. As long as the quality is the same that we've come to expect, it should be all good.

12. jampics2

jampics2 Pooh-Bah (2,340) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Chris - love the response, wish you all the best. You're a huge part of our scene and have my continued support in the future!

13. miketd

miketd Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2006 Ohio

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Good luck Chris and Pam!

14. fiver29

fiver29 Savant (1,042) Sep 18, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Good luck!!! I wish you guys nothing but the best!

pyite likes this.
  15. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

16. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Good luck. I'll still buy White Rajah and Old 21.

17. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Pooh-Bah (1,645) Jul 4, 2008 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! already have many friends who've heard this and are not expecting any good to come from this transfer of ownership. Hoping for the best. My only hope is that they leave the sports bar nonsense to the Panini's franchises. As a beer nut the only sports bar that has ever rated high for me has been the Winking Lizard. Every body else, not so much. Change can be good, hoping this is the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.