Everything Jester King

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by dumptruck81, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyDog

MightyDog Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2012 Texas

simply this:

2. Daemose

Daemose Maven (1,407) Oct 3, 2011 Texas

Shut up and listen.

3. lefty12

lefty12 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2010 Texas

I stopped by yesterday around lunchtime and i didnt see Das or BB. Do I need to ask for it from the back?

4. Daemose

Yes.

5. Daemose

Jester King just put out their press release about Funk Metal. If my spider senses tell me correctly, we should see it at DQ and Whole Foods tomorrow in Houston.

6. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Slow that Houston hype train. This is a relatively big release...no need to create a mad rush. It's a new SKU so obviously it's going to take a few days for it to even ring up most places. Wait for Whip In in Austin to have em then add 2-3 days

jbeezification and TX-Badger like this.
  7. kmello69

kmello69 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2011 Texas

Right. Its only supposed to leave the farm this week. Add a few days with the distributor, and working out any SKU issues, and I'm guessing end of this week/early next week. Whip In is always the barometer, since they drop off to them directly, thus cutting out the distributor step.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  8. Daemose

9. Daemose

Next Weds for us then.

10. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Pundit (841) Jun 28, 2010 Texas

Funk Metal is getting picked up later this week by our distributor on Thursday or Friday, so it won't be available tomorrow.

11. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

I'm sure there will be delay, but lucky for us D&Q never has SKU issues as they never use them. :wink:

jbeezification likes this.
  12. tofuspeedstar

tofuspeedstar Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Texas

Had the Gotslandricka over the weekend.

feelsbadman.

r0nburgundy69 likes this.
  13. H0rnedFr0gs

The last couple releases have seemed smooth on the consumer side at least. The new Fort Worth rep was very nice and extremely informative, although I didn't get her name.

Hopefully we can start seeing Black Metal and the other yearly offerings at more retailers (Krogers, Albertsons, etc) in DFW soon.

14. H0rnedFr0gs

Not 20..my guess its in line with Boxers at 15-16

15. jbeezification

jbeezification Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 Texas

It hasnt even hit distribution yet, lets not give Jester King ideas. It should be $10 tops. :wink:

16. kmello69

And here I thought this forum was about beer. Damn. :astonished:

FUNKPhD and wagenvolks like this.
  17. codyhaskell

codyhaskell Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2009 Texas

see: Bonnie the Rare

18. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

I just came in here to say that that Funk Metal shirt looks AWESOME. Y'all need to tone it down a little, we're adults here... and we all know barrel-aged beer costs a lot more than regular ol' stainless steel variety. Cost of barrels, space, and long fermentation periods (especially when we're talking about sours)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd expect this to be line-priced with Boxer's. So anywhere from $13-$17 ($20+ if you happen to be in Hyde Park :wink: ) a bottle depending on your location. It's comparable in price to The Bruery's Tart of Darkness (which is of a similar style), so I really don't know why the above comments are there.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  19. kmello69

I dont know where you're getting your pricing, but I checked a few places and Tart of Darkness seems to run right around the $20 range. In fact, I bought some last time I was in CA, and think I paid $21 off the shelf.

Not to say I want to see this in that price range, but I wouldnt be totally surprised to see it pretty close to it.

20. jbeezification

jbeezification Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 Texas

$17 is in the same price range as $21. Its just $4 difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.