Eclipse in San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by baggio, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baggio

baggio Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2005 Sweden

Since citybeer isn't selling Eclipse this year. Where is my best bet to find bottles? Citybeer has been my source for it these last few visits.

2. jtmartino

jtmartino Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 California

Call Healthy Spirits and Ales Unlimited. They may have some in stock. Willows Market in Menlo had some too.

3. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you're willing to cross the bridge Beer Rev still had some last I checked, and I think theirs are generally <$30.

4. rob133

rob133 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2009 California
    Deactivated

Star Grocery had some in over the weekend, and Berkeley Bowl had them middle of last week

5. baggio

baggio Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2005 Sweden

Alright, thanks alot!

6. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

City beer didn't have any this year? That's nutty

7. Devi0us

Devi0us Savant (1,124) May 3, 2011 California
    Trader

If you dont mind taking a little drive, Perry's in Livermore had 8 Eclipse Variants as of last week...3 from 2011 and 5 from 2012...

Cheers!

8. bugdoc

bugdoc Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2011 California

You forgot the addendum "and if you don't mind subjecting your wallet to the financial equivalent of the Saw series".

Johnnyramirez, rob133 and jtmartino like this.
  9. afrokaze

afrokaze Pooh-Bah (1,933) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah I thought that sounded weird too, wonder why.

10. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

City Rape Store didn't get any because FiftyFifty switched distributors -- they are no longer affiliated with Artisan, the one that's owned by CRS's parents. My guess is Craig and Beth are pissed and have refused to do business with the new distributor.

I, for one, have sorely missed seeing CRS use their nepotism to get all of the special bottles and kegs of Eclipse over all of the other accounts in the state, but somehow I'll live.

baggio, if you attend the GHS events during SFBW, K&L (down the street) has several variants. I can assist you in grabbing them if you don't have a car. Drop me a note.

bugdoc and MrFootstones like this.
  11. bird22

bird22 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2011 California

12. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

Sadly Perry's is the closest to me so I usually shop there, but I wonder if there's any equivalent or near equivalent spots in Pleasanton/Dublin area

13. BlakeSmith

BlakeSmith Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 California

I live in Pleasanton and there's nothing that compares here to Perry's. I haven't found anything in Dublin like it either. I usually make a trip once a week to Perry's to see what they got.

14. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2012 California

Been to Perry's a few times and their selection is excellent. Their pricing on the other hand is all over the place.

15. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

I've seen markups as high as $10 over retail on Bruery stuff. Diego and Harpreet are cool and know beer. But some prices are insane

16. Highbrow

Highbrow Pooh-Bah (1,746) Jan 7, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

actually, i believe City Beer has some but isn't selling it off the shelf for take out consumption. i think they have it in the back & it sounds like you have to drink it there.

this is a joke of course... & you didn't hear it from me but i'm just waiting on their "on-site" policy to wind up on something like Judge Judy:

"your honor, of course i was drunk at the time. i wrecked my car & destroyed all the public property you cited because City Beer insisted i drink my barrel aged, high abv. purchases on-site".:grimacing: the good news is with those prices, they've already got the front money for any damages & potential health costs covered. lol

17. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

I got my Eclipse bottles at Perry's for only a couple more dollars than 50/50 are selling them for.

Perry's is obviously known for their high markups, but in the past year, all the special release beers are around average to what other shops have been charging.

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2007 California

The new Healthy Spirits on 12th AVE and Clement in SF's Richmond DISTRICT had multiple variants this past weekend, I only checked the price on one and I think it was 29.99.

19. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I started calling them Scary's Liquors.

Johnnyramirez likes this.
  20. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

hard to believe you wind up banned from fine establishments in your area. :astonished:

BdubleEdubleRUN and Arbitrator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.