Divine Reserve 13

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by JohnBender, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnBender

JohnBender Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2012 Texas

2. BeanBone

BeanBone Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2006 Texas

Let the ridiculous hype-train that ends up leaving thousands booty-hurt and "done with SA" BEGIN!

Grendle, Clonies720, cfh64 and 2 others like this.
  3. kmello69

kmello69 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2011 Texas

I haven't even cracked into any of my 12s yet, since apparently I have to age them first.

4. jamescain

jamescain Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2009 Texas

What is 13 supposed to be? Either way I'm sure I'll buy some but I'm not going out of my way to get it. Good thing the SA hype-train does not have a station in San Antonio :slight_smile:

pwsoldier, jl28r1 and canadianghetto like this.
  5. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Texas
    Trader

6. jamescain

jamescain Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2009 Texas

You dont have to. If you like boozy beers drink them now. Or you could let SA store them for a year and then pay twice the amount for the 6-pack/bomber :astonished:

TxUltraRunner likes this.
  7. kmello69

kmello69 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2011 Texas

Its one of those things where they're sitting in the beer fridge, but every time I open the door, I find something else I'd rather drink, so I havent grabbed one yet. Who knows when that will actually happen

8. Houston_E89

Houston_E89 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Texas

Alllllllllllllllllllllllll aboard!!!!

9. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

Pfft... DR12 was EASY to find. Heck, I was finding 6-packs 2 months after the fact this year.

You Houston peeps need to find all the hoarders and tell them to calm the FUCK down this year. Specifically the cats.

jbeezification and cfh64 like this.
  10. icetrauma

icetrauma Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2004 Texas

It's crazy down here on release days. I've noticed people at work, who are your avg BMC drinkers, go bat shit crazy after the releases

11. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

It's exactly this. People who don't even want to drink it buy it because they "heard about it".

I'm all for people getting into craft beer, but being a temporary convert just to hoard beer you are never going to drink ruins it for a lot of people.

Clonies720, Ford and icetrauma like this.
  12. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2012 Texas

They don't just hoard the beer, they try to post it on Craigslist or Ebay demanding some outrageous price for it just so they can try to "hussle" someone out of money.

Clonies720 likes this.
  13. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Some people buy it thinking they will like it. And buy way too much. And then it just rots.

I'm sure some ends up on craigslist, but I'm sure a lot gets given to other people that don't really appreciate it either.

Sad thing is I talk to people in line and can tell that they only care about Saint Arnold and Divine. I even hear them talk about how they didn't really care for the last release.

I think they search for it because they think it's cool. lol

14. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

To be fair, I did not really like 12. Though that is not going to stop me from trying to get this if I can. Some are amazing, some are not. Just the way special releases go sometimes.

cfh64 likes this.
  15. Texas_Speed

I do realize that this is what happens with most of it. I know people hear Divine Reserve and just rush out to get it without knowing anything about it other than it's Divine Reserve.

I also know, first hand, that some people wait for special releases (Divine Reserve, Pumpkinator, and others) just so they can hoard large quantities, 4+ cases of pumpkinator, just so they can try and hussle the average Joe out of their money. See the "Cat" from other threads. Granted if someone wants to pay $40 for a bottle of pumpkinator that is their business.

16. Houston_E89

For the record, The buddy of mine that tried to make a buck... is still sitting on ALL of it - I don't think he'll be doing that again.

jbeezification likes this.
  17. Texas_Speed

I wasn't trying to call anyone out or throw anyone under the bus I was just stating that it happens.

Houston_E89 likes this.
  18. Houston_E89

No, no - I know man don't worry lol I was just putting it out there for all the other folks that think they have a running joke when in actuality, they are just beating a dead horse.

19. tofuspeedstar

tofuspeedstar Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Texas

eh. I wasn't too impressed with 12, but I loved 10 and 11, maybe 13 will be good..but who knows, I will try to get some to support my local brewery.

Krumb and UHCougar12 like this.
  20. Houston_E89

I heard nothing but good things about 10, Too bad I missed out on it and 11 was my first one.

UHCougar12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.