Das Brew, Fremont

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Rzzzzz, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rzzzzz

Rzzzzz Savant (1,177) Nov 10, 2007 California

2. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2011 California

seems like not many of us have heard of them judging by all the views and no responses

3. EBbrewpunx

EBbrewpunx Initiate (0) May 11, 2006 California

seems they have been around a couple years, and are avail in a few places around, but haven't tried em yet. wonder if they are contract brewed

4. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

They have some of their beers at Mission Pizza...If I remember correctly, they were ones specifically made for Mission Pizza. I had 2 of the offerings, a blond and a black IPA. Blond was average, black IPA was way too syrupy sweet.

5. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2010 California

Nothing in the city of Fremont is good.

6. EBbrewpunx

New bottle shop/tap room opening up in fremont

7. Rzzzzz

That's not entirely true, but it's close enough that I won't argue the point.

More info please! Especially if this will be anything like BeerRev.

8. EBbrewpunx

what am i, chatty cathy? :slight_smile:
    dunno much really, but supposed to be "like beer rev", is what i heard.
    california craft is the name i believe.

RobertV916 likes this.
  9. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Of course, someone would do this as soon right as I'm about to move out of Union City.

10. hophead247

Yeah my roommate got hired to work at the place opening in Fremont, but got offered more at his current job. I believe it's opening up right across from Ohlone College in the same shopping center the other Mission Pizza used to be.

11. Janhhs

Janhhs Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2012

JPDasBrew started production brewing about two years ago. They make blonde ale (koelsch), hefeweizen, irish red, imperial IPA and triple black IPA. All in house, all grain. 100 gallon batches. 5 to 10 kegs per week.

RobertV916 likes this.
  12. StoddardV

StoddardV Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2012

A small local operation - but truly in the spirit of authentic German beer. They make an exceptional hefeweizen - the best I have found in the US - why? because all the ingredients are shipped in from Germany. The Schutze are a husband and wife team - he is German, and knows his beers. They are a contract brewer and the Black IPA, which is a little over the top, they made for the owner of Mission Pizza, by the owner's design.

You will only find this local to the South Bay in SF, but if you like here, try theirs. Mission Pizza, by the way, has the best tap in the Bay Area - about 20 drafts, of quality breweries, often rotated. I have discovered many a good brew there, Plus their pizza is top class in the California style, fresh ingredients, made to order. Out standing pizza, great beer, you cannot go wrong

13. hophead247

Been going to Mission Pizza for years now. I agree they have a nice tap list, but definitely not the best in the Bay Area. I'm thinking you meant in Fremont, or for a pizza spot.

Arbitrator and BayAreaBeers like this.
  14. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Aug 9, 2011 California

Or maybe just for a pizza spot in Fremont.

15. Rzzzzz

Certainly the best in the Ohlone Village Shopping Center.

(Good spot for sure, though)

Arbitrator likes this.
  16. bsanrebel

bsanrebel Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2009 California

I just had two of their beer at California Craft beer (http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-craft-beer-fremont ). Amazing flavors and goes down really smooth! Had the Eye Crosser IPA 8.8% and the Triple Blitz Dark Ipa 12%. Definitely out does the microbrews around Fremont and San Jose! I recommend anybody to try them. I met the owner also. Very cool and laidback guy.

17. DasBrew

DasBrew Initiate (0) May 12, 2013 California

I was born and raised here, so apparently youre wrong :wink:

Hey guys,

I work at Das Brew in Fremont. I just popped in to see if i could answer some questions about the brewery. Let me know!

-fuzz

daysinthewake likes this.
  18. Rzzzzz

19. MssrTussaud

MssrTussaud Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2013 California

Is Triple Blitz the Black IPA? I had a little pour of it last night at Mission Pizza and didn't care for it. But there seem to be two things working against the beer there: frosted glasses and seemingly very old kegs (even the Stone IPA was meh).

20. opwog

opwog Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

I don't know what it is about Fremont, but so many beercentric businesses have come and go over the years without anybody taking much notice. I lived there for about a year in the early 90's and remember a brew pub by a golf course. Given that I still have friends there, I try to stay on top of things, but almost always, I hear more about these businesses than people who live right there ever hear about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.