Dark Lord Day eve - Hampton in Munster

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MaxSpang, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReTag

ReTag Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Minnesota
    Deactivated

we will be drivin through WI, any one want me to pick up some NG Belgian Red/Raspberry Tart?

2. ReTag

Deactivated

some one was looking for a Brandy Barrell BA Dark Apparition, I totally forgot who and am too lazy to search. If your still searching, I have one for you. Let me know.

3. DoubleNickels

DoubleNickels Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2012 Michigan

Bring plenty of NG stuff....I will buy/trade for some!

4. dlello2

dlello2 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Illinois

What time are people planning on starting Friday? I was thinking about opening a Black Tuesday and a 2007 Mephistopheles side by side at around 6:30 or 7 to kick off the evening... Let me know if you want to participate. If someone wants to bring a vintage wws or the like thatd be sweet too.

zchall23 likes this.
  5. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Ill be leaving chicago at 6 hoping to get there at 645ish and would looove to sample your black tuesday! Bringing said growlers from Haymarket for share :slight_smile:

6. beersis81

beersis81 Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2009 Illinois

I will most likely be bringing one or both of these to DLD. If anyone doesn't get a chance.to try them Friday, feel free to find me for a pour!

7. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Im gonna bring both too, there is going to be PLENTY of this awesome stuff to go around :wink:

8. Dizzle32

Dizzle32 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 Minnesota

Can't be there till 8 coming from MN.

9. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

Add Juliet and (probably) Beatification to my list...starting to get really excited.

pschul4 and injuredreserve like this.
  10. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Sure, I'll participate :slight_smile:

11. birchstick

birchstick Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2007 Colorado

Damn, looks like some awesome bottles will be getting opened Friday - can't wait.

Would anyone be interested in trading a DL 12 for a Town Hall Masala Mama growler Saturday at the Hampton Inn? I am flying in from Minneapolis and will have a fresh growler; I am also muling for someone so I won't be getting any bottles of DL for myself.

12. raninator84

raninator84 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2008 Ohio

This list is just getting better and better, I can't wait to try all these amazing brews. I will be cracking my 07 Abyss, and starting off the evening with a vertical of KBS (Possible 09-12) among others, I will also be bringing Fresh White Rajah to trade out for some other IPA's. Can't wait to join you all for a tasting for the ages! Cheers!

pschul4 likes this.
  13. DoubleNickels

Hey Dave, this is Shawn (my temporary alter ego while my other avatar is in BA jail....haha) I will be there with a group of Michigan BAs with a huge lot of beers....my first DLD...should be fun!

raymo55 likes this.
  14. Jarpo

Jarpo Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2011 Missouri

Wow this sounds like it's going to be a blast. We have a group of around 10 people coming up from Saint Louis that are staying in the Hampton so I'm sure we will see all of you there. I'm not sure what exactly I'm bringing yet, but I'm planning on:

Growler of Masala Mama (Courtesy of Birchstick)
    Growler of Perennial's Mint Chocolate Stout
    1 750ml bottle of Perennial's Savant Beersel (100% brett w/ grapes and aged in wine barrels)
    Possibly others. It doesn't sound like we'll have a shortage of beer.

15. DicemanSTL

DicemanSTL Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2011 Missouri

I will be in this group and will be bringing some stuff

I know I'll have a Bruery Cuir and 100% BA Cuir, and some other stuff. If Schlafly AIPA is on I'll grab a growler of that.

16. bluedevil23

bluedevil23 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2012 Missouri

I'm in the group of people Jarpo mentioned. I'm sitting in Sydney Australia at the moment and have a small selection of beers I'm bringing home that will make it with me. Pretty good chance this is stuff no one has had before. This sounds quite fun. For the record, we did something similar, with a much smaller group, at the Holiday Inn in Schererville last year. We nicely asked the girl at the front desk if we could use the lobby and she just GAVE us the key to the conference room. Hopefully the staff at the Hampton is as receptive. Does anyone have Diamond status with Hilton? I did until last year. I'd almost guarantee using that card would work if all else fails.

17. dlello2

dlello2 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Illinois

This is my first as well! You're not staying at the Hampton are you???

18. JRorie

JRorie Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Illinois

I am with the St. Louis group. I will have a growler of Schlafly BA Imprial Stout, as well as a couple bottles. Not entirely sure what just yet, depends trades/orders landing.

19. ReTag

Deactivated

fifth growler landed today, hello Hop Venom. Town Hall has growler koozies, that actually clip together. So being that I already have 7 growlers for DLD, I think I might make a bandelier of growlers, ala ....
    [​IMG]
    but with growlers, and not naked.....and not so gay.

20. DoubleNickels

Yes....BA moniterpop has a room and we are bunking up at the Hampton with him I believe

raymo55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.