Dark Lord Day (DLD) 2015

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MarkLaFay, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonofblood

dragonofblood Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2005 Canada (ON)

What kind of freak out are we talking? Angry yelling? Depressed crying? The classic drunken mix of both?

I too hope to see something like that.

2. HopFace

HopFace Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

something like this:

"MOTHER FUUUCCCCCCK!!!
    THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! FUCK 3 FLOYDS! CANT FUCKING BELIEVE THIS FUCKING SHIT!!
    <insert more "fuck" and/or "shit">
    "

Dood was wasted too. Was so funny.

3. beerhan

beerhan Savant (1,201) Apr 28, 2010 Ohio

I have been going since 2011. I personally have never won a scratch off. The person I was with two years ago won the scratch off so for tickets that I have purchased it makes "me" 1/8 but I am still 0/4

4. sahd-1

sahd-1 Savant (1,155) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Yeah, this was what came to mind as skeeviest beer story I've ever heard. Is this why I now see "original wax" in some trade posts?

mdomask likes this.
  5. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

If you see this again this year, it must get on video.

SeanBond likes this.
  6. mdomask

Probably? Not like you can't Bic the wax into looking acceptable.

If a robust beer secondary market ever develops (as in, legit auction houses and not just *), expect to see things like this become common.

7. Chris_Panos

Chris_Panos Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2013 Ohio

The odds are in favor of you NOT winning. Does this guy's world shatter when he doesn't win the Powerball too? I'd like to believe his outburst was due to alcohol, but he's probably just as stupid sober.

gibson584 likes this.
  8. SaisonRichBiere

SaisonRichBiere Pooh-Bah (2,009) Mar 23, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Being that Akvavit is such a Scandinavian taste, I'm hoping that was some stock sent exclusively to WarPigs. I recall last year, I seem to think they had some Moscatel DL for sale at the kiosk at some point prior to DLD. Hoping this is just some hype-building.

9. gibson584

gibson584 Crusader (456) Dec 11, 2010 Kentucky
    Trader

Yeah, my thought ever year is it's fun to win but if I don't, it's just $50 less I'll be spending that day.

ADTaber and swarthybrews like this.
  10. mdomask

To be fair, the odds are closer to "win free scratch off" than winning the power ball.

11. SaisonRichBiere

SaisonRichBiere Pooh-Bah (2,009) Mar 23, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

They made me scratch mine off at the regular DL table.

12. swarthybrews

swarthybrews Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

2 years back there was a kid having a meltdown on the ground where you exit from purchasing your bottles. Screaming, crying, snot running down his face, people consoling him...I was convinced he had just lost his parents until I saw the torn up golden ticket on the ground next to him.

MC6, kodt, HopFace and 1 other person like this.
  13. DrunkAl

DrunkAl Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 Illinois

They sold moscatel on the IP ticket sale date. But more so because they had 550 bottles sitting around and not in an effort to build hype, actually it killed the hype on that beer. This was also around the time they had several cellar clearing sales.

14. dragonofblood

dragonofblood Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2005 Canada (ON)

Fantastic lol.

I wonder how many years in a row he's been skunked on the Golden Ticket.

15. SeanBond

SeanBond Pooh-Bah (2,880) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm hoping not many, since it doesn't sound like he should be that far above legal age.

dragonofblood and Phobicsquirrel like this.
  16. SeanBond

SeanBond Pooh-Bah (2,880) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

FWIW all, I purchased Gen Ad. tickets for DLD, slowest mailing option possible (whichever was free/cheapest), and just received an email that my tickets are on the way.

dahray02 likes this.
  17. kodt

kodt Pooh-Bah (2,262) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I lost in 2011, but have won every year since 2012. I suppose I am due to lose again :slight_frown:

Yup, everyone was trying to trade that one away after that. The trade value plummeted big time after they sold more.

18. DrunkAl

DrunkAl Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 Illinois

Unfortunately, I traded for one prior to that, and thought I got a good deal at the time.

19. Beerdudenumberone

Beerdudenumberone Pundit (972) Dec 9, 2012 Indiana
    Trader

Good to hear! I also chose the snail option. Still waiting for my email though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.