Craft beers in Japan

Discussion in 'Asia' started by TheBeerDad, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Michigan

My family and I will be moving to Japan next year and lately I have been wondering what the beer scene is like over there. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or an idea of what I might expect to find? I don't think I could last a year without a decent stout, beginning plans on transferring KBS into shampoo bottles...

2. pudgym29

pudgym29 Zealot (598) Mar 14, 2009 Illinois

Daemose likes this.
  3. Lare453

Lare453 Pooh-Bah (2,822) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Hitachino is over there. They make some good stuff.

Daemose likes this.
  4. TheBeerDad

We aren't sure where we will be yet, we have only been able to put in requests for where we will be placed.

5. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

If you are on the mainland, the selection willl be better. Okinawa was a bit tough. You can order a wide range of things online, though, and they will ship to you. I can tell you that getting beer in Germany is much easier!

6. TheBeerDad

For some reason that makes perfect sense :slight_smile:

7. ABREWCADABREW

ABREWCADABREW Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 Japan

8. CraftBeerTrader

CraftBeerTrader Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2012

In addition to all the other great suggestions, you might also give our website a shot (http://www.craftbeertrader.com).

We're teaming up with brewers all around Japan. You can purchase beer directly from Japanese brewers via our site and have it delivered to your door. We've got a media section, event listings, and some industry info there too, if you're interested.

Hope this will be a helpful resource for you! We're growing nearly every week at this rate, so I imagine by the time you arrive in the country you'll have quite a lot to choose from. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.