Countdown to the Raleigh Rare Beer Tasting...

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by fehrminator, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooligan74

hooligan74 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2009 North Carolina

Oh, and I've had the NoDa barrel-aged NoDaRyeZ'd multiple times, and I adore that beer. Others may disagree. Awesome vanilla, oak and coconut flavors added to the base beer.

2. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2011 Massachusetts

2 FF Cheers

3. winbassett

winbassett Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 North Carolina

Trophy will be bringing a Simcoe DIPA instead of the Nelson PA. This festival will be great, once again.

dogphishead and alex7577 like this.
  4. Handle

Handle Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2009 North Carolina

Honestly, I went into that one thinking I was going to hate it. I didn't think the flavors you mentioned above would work well with such a hoppy beer, but they really do.

hooligan74 likes this.
  5. AtlCarl

AtlCarl Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

I'm really looking forward to this festival. Coming up with a rowdy group of ATLiens who attended last year and have been raving about it since. Also, I'm pretty stoked to try some of that Haw River stuff. Don't know very much about them, but they seem to have some pretty interesting entries, and I always enjoy trying the small local breweries as much as I do the big name offerings.

jonmacklin likes this.
  6. Woodrow

Woodrow Zealot (532) Jun 17, 2007 North Carolina
    Trader

+1 to Haw River! Ben is making some kick ass beer and brewing styles that aren't seen too much around here.

7. defaultroute

defaultroute Crusader (481) Aug 14, 2005 North Carolina

+2 for Ben!

jonmacklin and winbassett like this.
  8. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina

I know RedneckBeerz is stopping by my place on the way to Raleigh from GBO. Thats all that ill be doing that weekend:slight_smile:

9. thagr81us

thagr81us Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2010 South Carolina

I will be there... Gotta get my tick on HARD at this one. :grinning:

10. RedneckBeerz

I'm still trying to bum a ride for RR&V so that I don't have to drive. According to what transpires between now and then as to if I can swing by or not. You are down to 1 Jose Marti (BTW), the other one was left at the Fat Boy bottle share when Bryan failed to show. Cheers

11. tlh1005

tlh1005 Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2009 North Carolina

I slept on getting tickets. Went back and forth. Wish i could have jumped on an imperial ticket now i find myself just wanting a normal one. If anyone knows of extra(s) floating around please let me know.

12. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2011 New York

[Vulgar joke]

thagr81us likes this.
  13. jonmacklin

jonmacklin Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2010 North Carolina

you and your rowdy ATLiens can stay down in the ATL for all I care. I suspect your crew is a lying bunch; I wouldn't trust a one of 'em except that munroe kid. I do have a soft spot in my heart for his chubby, bald self.

stoked for the festival. last year rocked and this year is gonna be even better! and best part of the day is the post festival chili dog chow down!

AtlCarl and alex7577 like this.
  14. Brownj1288

Brownj1288 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Virginia

Any one looking for tickets that missed out? I have two tickets that I won't be able to use. Apparently seeing my girlfriends best friend get married is more important than tasting beer. Face value takes it, or best offer by tomorrow night (payment in the form of beer gladly accepted)

15. AuntEdna

AuntEdna Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2013 North Carolina

I'm looking for a ticket to this event. Please message me if you or somebody you know has an extra!

16. ewright

ewright Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2007 North Carolina

I hear Brownj1288 has two available. :slight_smile:

17. RyanBeer13

RyanBeer13 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Virginia

18. moz9

moz9 Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2009 North Carolina

I'll be there, man

19. RedneckBeerz

woooooooooo just check raleigh forecast for Saturday ..... Friday night 30° low, Saturday 42° for the high, and Saturday night 23° for the low. Be sure to wear ya thunder bloomers.

20. fehrminator

fehrminator Savant (1,217) Jan 26, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

Sounds like a liquid blanket might be in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.