Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Cigar City with(out) kids

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Yetiman420, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Yetiman420

Yetiman420 Savant (425) Ohio Oct 27, 2005

Passing through Tampa en route to Sanibel in late April.

Want the wife to dump me off at Cigar City for an hour or two in the early evening. Wondering if anyone had suggestions for how she could kill some time with a 2.5 year old and baby while daddy ties one on? A park or place to run around would be great (not too far away).

Thanks in advance!
  2. Deltoro

Deltoro Savant (420) Florida Sep 15, 2012 Verified

Al Lopez Park, huge park where there is playgrounds and different walking and running courses. its about 5-10 min away from the brewery, directly next to raymond james stadium.
  3. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Yup, Al Lopez has to be the closest park and they have a few big playground areas and plenty of room to run around in.
  4. LiquidDegenerate

LiquidDegenerate Advocate (620) Florida Nov 22, 2011 Verified

Lowry Park Zoo is not too far away either.
  5. There is a climbing gym called vertical ventures about 10 minutes from the brewery. Great way to tucker out the kids
  6. thirstygator

thirstygator Savant (285) Florida Mar 29, 2012 Verified

You could get extra points for suggesting her hit up International Mall down the street to kill some time. My wife usually responds well to this and if I remember correctly, they have a large kids play area.