Chicago Trip - Weekend before Thanksgiving - Events or Special Releases

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by ChrisConn, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisConn

ChrisConn Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2012 Minnesota

Hi All,

I'll look up all of the places to hit on other threads for breweries and the like, but my wife and I are coming out Saturday and going back Sunday and was just curious if there are any events on Saturday the 21st or any special releases going on that I might be able to snag something while I am in Chicago. I am staying downtown and won't have a car. I know I know, BCBS is the next weekend, but I'll be back home TDay weekend where I can buy as much as I want. Thanks in advance.

2. statikp

statikp Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2010 Illinois

FOBAB if you didnt know about that.

Also, Haymarket (restaurant) should have some good tappings due to FOBAB

SeanBond likes this.
  3. Redrover

Redrover Grand Pooh-Bah (3,602) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah Society

KCUnited, John916 and YoungLad like this.
  4. MikeSchieve

MikeSchieve Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

5. John916

John916 Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2011 Illinois

6. ChrisConn

ChrisConn Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2012 Minnesota

Very helpful everyone. Thank you. Wish I would have planned the trip sooner and been able to snag some tickets to FOBAB. Looks like Haymarket and a few breweries will be on the agenda.

7. kort27

kort27 Zealot (578) Apr 23, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

8. SasquatchB2

SasquatchB2 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2015 Minnesota

Looking at that calendar from Reddit -- Abraxas is being released on Sunday at West Lakeview Liquors. Has anyone been to this previously? I would love to pick up a bottle, but don't really want to wait in line for hours to get it...

9. dtx00

dtx00 Savant (1,054) Oct 21, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I went there 2 years ago while I was in town for FOBAB. They just had it sitting behind the counter. I didnt even really have to say anything the guy working there just grabbed it and put it on the counter for me. Im sure things have changed though.

SasquatchB2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.