1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Chance to win 2013 Hunahpu's!! LIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by sendsilk, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sendsilk

sendsilk Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2007 Florida

Hi everyone. Every year for the past three years I have held a raffle to raise money for my family walk to fight ALS. I went to the Hunahpu release yesterday and won’t be keeping my bottles for myself. Yesterday morning my wife and children walked in the Greater Tampa Bay Walk to Defeat ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). If you don’t know what ALS is you are fortunate that it hasn’t touched your life. It’s a death sentence.

To raise money I am raffling off my Hunahpu’s to people who donate to our walk. For every $10 you get an entry into the raffle. If you donate $30 you get 3 entries. If only 1 person donates, they get a Hunahpu. If I raise $100, for every additional $100 raised I add another Hunahpu. So let’s say I get $250 in donations, I raffle 3 Hunahpu’s.

All of the money goes directly to the ALS association via my donation page on their website which is here:http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/Florida?px=2973903&pg=personal&fr_id=8863

Please put your BA name in the message line so I know who you are. I will leave the raffle up until Thursday 3/14/2013 at 6pm EST. Please message me with any questions and thanks for any help in fighting this disease.

If you have donated in the past, thank you! I will be holding the drawing the weekend of 3/16/13 and I will make a video of the drawing so everyone can see.

Thanks everyone!
    Matt

2. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2012 Illinois

And this is why I love you so.....

3. McNuts

McNuts Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2010 North Carolina

Good stuff Matt. I'm in for a few tickets. Awesome thing that you are doing by the way.

4. brooklynbrews

brooklynbrews Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2010 Uzbekistan

Donated again, cheers and good luck with the fundraising!

5. sendsilk

Thanks for the support guys!

6. wyatt13

wyatt13 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2011 Illinois

Awesome cause --I'm happy to donate. Still a college student, so unfortunately I cannot give as much as I would ideally like. Best of luck with your fundraising!

7. blkcld

blkcld Crusader (479) May 19, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Since this is for a good cause, one which is actually dear to my heart and family, i would like to make a donation. I know its all for a good cause, and would donate even if the beer was not involved, but since it is, and i'm a big ISO for it, if i donate $100 do i get a bottle?

8. sendsilk

Wyatt, thank you. My sincere thanks.

9. sendsilk

Yes, I would be happy to do that for you.

10. woodchopper

woodchopper Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 Illinois

Hey Matt

I will make a contribution to it tonight but would not like my name in the drawing as i was fortunate enough to get my own bottles
    :slight_smile: and would like to help out anyway I can with your cause.

Jamie

11. woodchopper

woodchopper Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 Illinois

if you donated a 100 I would send you one of my bottle........ thanks for helping out Matt's cause we need more generous people to help with the fight of ALS.

Matt's a super guy thanks to all that help his cause.

12. zekeman17

zekeman17 Pooh-Bah (2,048) Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Excellant way to support a very worthy cause.
    Donation made.
    Thank you

13. sendsilk

Thank you for your support and good luck!

14. sendsilk

Tanks Jamie! It was great meeting you this weekend. I'm already looking forward to next year!!

15. adamdd

adamdd Initiate (0) May 9, 2011 Michigan

Great idea. I think I donated last year, and am happy to do so again. Good luck with your effort!

16. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Matt is a great BA, and this is a great cause. Hunahpu or not I think we can all spare a few bucks.

17. jstilwell

jstilwell Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 Massachusetts

donated last year, will again. Great cause, and I praise the OP for the effort!

18. sendsilk

Thanks guys for your support and good luck in the raffle!

19. IrishColonial

IrishColonial Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2010 Texas

Donated last year, just did again. My great-uncle passed away from this; worst disease ever. Keep up the good work!

20. injuredreserve

injuredreserve Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2010 Louisiana

Matt,

Put me down for $50. Don't include my name in the drawing please. It was great meeting you Thursday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.