Central Waters Releases and Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

From Facebook:
    Alright gang, a lot of you have been asking, and while there are still some details to be worked out, we can announce that our much anticipated 17th Anniversary Party will be held at the brewery on Saturday, January 24th from 3pm-10pm! So, save the date!
    Expect a more detailed post with information on the 17 bottle release, shuttle/hotel information, etc. in about a week or so!

And:
    Central Waters Brewing CompanyWe do have good news - with our recent expansion we will have the event completely indoors this year - no standing in line outside this year! While we can't promise it won't be cold waiting for the shuttle or making to your car, 17 sales and the live music will all be contained inside of the brewery and new barrel aging warehouse!

I hope to meet some fellow BAs there. Cheers!

2. orangestorm87

orangestorm87 Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2013 Wisconsin

Sounds fun. Better get with it this time. Just recently picked up my first bottles of 16 a couple weeks ago lol. Now its almost 17 time :slight_smile:

Bshaw22 likes this.
  3. elkabong

elkabong Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Wisconsin

the new warehouse is pretty big. loads of space in there.

4. OBD

OBD Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin

This seems like as good a spot as any to make my first post on BA..
    I'll be there this year.. longtime CW fan but it'll be my first time making the trip to the anniversary party.
    Glad to hear the line will be indoors!

SSquare, end_27, THANAT0PSIS and 3 others like this.
  5. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

Central Waters indoors 17th Anniversary party. Warm feet. Cold beer. Perfect.

end_27, s_wit and michaelstolzman like this.
  6. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

CW BBS arrived in Madison today. :wink:

7. robear

Madison first- coincidence?

I don't mind this beer showing up a few weeks early.

8. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

with this being indoors, that makes the event nearly perfect. last year was a huge step up from 15 and it sounds like this year will be equally awesome

9. WI-Beer-Man

I haven't been to an Anniversary party, but was at the River Run/Amherst Beer Festival event. I assume the Anniversary parties are packed with a lot more people?

10. robear

A few thousand last year, at least. The biggest issue was waiting in line to purchase your allotment- 2+ hours, mostly in a tent, but on an icepack. Lots of very cold people. You send runners to get cups of beer.
    You purchased a Brown Paper Tickets $5 ticket that put your name on a list to buy up to 8 bottles of 16. Then you paid for as many as you wanted when you got to the front of the line. They allowed proxies openly, which I hope they don't do this year. But, obviously they brewed more than enough to satisfy demand. Good beers on tap, good music.

11. BobCobb

BobCobb Pundit (962) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

First year in awhile I'd be in town for this, and apparently my wife yelled down the hallway last week while on the phone asking whether we had plans for the 24th of January. And now we are scheduled for a non-decade birthday dinner in the city. Cannot remember a time when someone had people block off time over two months away for a birthday dinner.

Plenty of time though to find a mannequin to sit in for me. Only risk is that people might be tipped off when it's more affable than I would be.

12. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 Wisconsin

It showed up in Hudson today as well.

13. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

YAYY!!! Look forward to this party every year, and I am excited to hear the details about 17!

14. WI-Beer-Man

Barrel aged stout is as much as I've heard.

15. mykey120

I assumed that much, I want to hear the fine details/allocations/tickets. I thought they had a stout with maple syrup that was the base for 17 at some tap takeovers awhile back. Anyone recall that? That would be awesome!

16. eyemustard

eyemustard Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Wisconsin

I remember Burnhearts had an event where they tapped 16 before it was put into barrels and primed it with maple syrup, but I haven't heard of anything similar for 17.

17. 1noa

1noa Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2011 Virginia

I think i'm just starting to warm up from last year. Excited to celebrate another year at Central Waters!

18. elkabong

elkabong Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Wisconsin

having been to both multiple times.. yes... way more people at the Anniv party

19. mykey120

Ahhh, that is probably what I am thinking of. Whatever 17 is I am sure it will be great and hopefully just as plentiful as 16!

20. robear

I think it's pretty cool if they still have 16 left by the anniversary party. To be able to buy these side by side would be a great bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.