Casey Brewing and Blending

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by drumrboy22, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Are volunteering as a mule?? :wink:

Schmittymack likes this.
  2. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Pooh-Bah (1,760) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Maybe. Depends on if they're open, how muchie bottles might cost, etc. Already gonna be bringing a growler or two back from Junction and/or Fruita for a friend who's a rater on "that other beer site"

3. dauss

dauss Pooh-Bah (1,730) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

While Troy is waiting for that beer to age, he been filling up on beer at Comrade Brewing. Two times in two weeks.

[​IMG]

4. kkrez

kkrez Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2008 Colorado

Can't wait

tacosandbeer and gklover1 like this.
  5. southdenverhoo

southdenverhoo Maven (1,363) Aug 13, 2004 Colorado

I know people do it every day but that is NOT a fun airport to fly into, for this tourist....I'd rather drive that sucker.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  6. caseyjones_watchyourspeed

caseyjones_watchyourspeed Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2013 Colorado

glenwood is only two and half hours from denver. i live in glenwood. if anyone's hurting that bad for this, let me know and i can pick up some extra at the release.

7. McNazz

McNazz Savant (1,055) Feb 19, 2013 Colorado

Per their facebook:

We're incredibly excited to officially announce our first bottle release! We’re opening Thursday July 3rd from 4-7 PM and Saturday July 5th from 11-5 PM. During these times we’ll have Saison available for onsite consumption and for purchase to go with a 12 bottle limit. Saison is our 100% oak fermented and aged farmhouse ale made with 100% Colorado ingredients. We used 3 different strains of saison yeast, brettanomyces, lactobacillus and our house sour culture to achieve a classic tart representation of one of our favorite styles.

There are currently no plans for distribution outside of the Roaring Fork Valley. Look for more information here as we get closer to the event. Thanks for all your support!

tacosandbeer and Steve_0 like this.
  8. Steve_0

Steve_0 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Definitely not going to be able to make this one. If there is anybody going that is not going to use their 12 bottle limit, please send me a beermail and hopefully we can work something out. Can give you the money upfront and some thank you beers.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  9. bushmat2

bushmat2 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Colorado

Awesome news. I may actually be heading to Aspen on the 3rd so this would be perfect. If I do end up making it, I will post back on here to see who wants me to pick them up bottles. Can't imagine if I go that I will be maxing this one out.

10. MtnSoup

MtnSoup Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado

HAHAH! I am ALSO going to Aspen on the 3rd. Serendipity at its finest. But I'll be maxing...got a little too excited there. I probably don't need 12 bottles...so can hook it up upon return.

11. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

12. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I fly into Denver 11am on the 5th, I may drive up but I'd only be there from 3-5pm... I wonder if they'd still have bottles then.... I'd hate to drive that far and get shut out.

13. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Sounds like they are only open the 2 days they mention. I'd make sure they are even open on the 5th

tacosandbeer likes this.
  14. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

About 100 cases for this first release according to their FB page.

VABA likes this.
  15. Prospero

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So 100 people (maybe 150, although my bet is on most people buying full allotment)... I think 12-bottle limit is too high, IMHO.

Then again maybe I'm overestimating how many people will make the 3 hour drive....

#35 Prospero, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  16. Prospero

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

BTW, if anyone is planning on going up on the 3rd and isn't buying a full allotment (or would be willing to buy extras, LMK).

Otherwise I'll be going up late on the 5th after I find out how many bottles they have left.

17. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

So what's the correct bottle limit?

VABA likes this.
  18. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

If I make it up then 12. If I don't then twice the number of bottles that the person I hope will pick me up some wants for him/herself.

williabr, Prospero and tacosandbeer like this.
  19. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

My birthday is coming up the following week. Maybe I'll make the trek up there as a gift to myself :stuck_out_tongue:

20. Prospero

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I dunno, maybe 6-8? I'm just speculating based on the latest turnouts. There's always 300+ people that show up to Avery bottle releases and with 12-bottle limit (12oz. - 1/2 case) they typically sell upwards of 80-120 cases in a couple hours.

I figure spread out over two days Troy will sell 50 cases on Friday and probably the rest before 12pm on Saturday. (it is a holiday weekend, which I figure most people won't be driving up, they'll probably already be up in the mountains).

Troy's guess is as good as any... I just figure he'll sell out long before 4-5pm on Saturday, but that's probably his intent. He's probably holding some back to distribute some to the Roaring Fork valley too.

Then again, I'm probably the only one planning to go up so late, lol.

#40 Prospero, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.