Case Sales at Three Floyds

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Wseitz, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenieman

stephenieman Zealot (552) Oct 14, 2011 Illinois
    Deactivated

Here's a novel idea: Impose a 2 case limit on people with ID's from bordering states only.
    If I were selling booze in Indiana and someone came in with an Alaska, Maine, Washington (state) or New Hampshire ID my response would be: "Load this fuckin' guy up. He drove here all the way from (insert name of faraway state)!"

On the North side of Chicago:
    Castle Liquors / Hahn's Liquors / Roger's Park Wine & Spirits / In Fine Spirits / Hollywood Pantry / Andersonville Wine & Spirits / 5019 N. Clark St. Grocery spot / Rayan's... all of these places have either stale, overpriced or questionable stock of Three Floyds products.
    How do I know?
    I've purchased different styles from all of them with various (usually negative) degrees of success

2. thereal

thereal Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2010 Illinois

Approximately .0000001% of the US populace gives a shit. Vocal minority.

It's a good choice. When I roll in at 1 PM on a Saturday, and all they have left is Robert the Fucking Bruce, there is a problem. They fixed it. Most people agree, especially ones that do not read/post on/know about this message board.

mm2112 likes this.
  3. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2010 Indiana

Like in my fridge or in a store?
    :wink:

4. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

Not sure if this was verified or not, a strictly 2 case limit, not additional bombers either. Not 2 cases of each beer, not 2 cases of ZD and a Live a Rich Life. 2 cases.

5. Msmith8814

Msmith8814 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2011 Illinois

Wonder how much ZD is on this truck?

[​IMG]

claaark13 likes this.
  6. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So it is exactly like the Sunday laws have been in the past. I'm OK with the 2 case limit, but I do wish you could purchase bombers on top of it.

Oh well, good thing when I usually go down its with a friend or my girlfriend :wink:

7. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Yeah but it's only official if someone on BA goes to the brewpub and verifies it. You didn't know that?

8. jegross2

jegross2 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois

9. jrags8

jrags8 Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2010 Michigan

Good luck getting an answer from them unless you walk in. Was going to swing by driving back from Chicago to get ZD and another case but after a dozen calls without a single answer I said F that and stopped at Greenbush on the way instead.

raymo55 likes this.
  10. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

I am not sure if people asking if the limit is in effect are serious or not, but I was there on Thursday and there is a two case limit. They don't just post lies to their blog, Facebook and twitter.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  11. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

Alpine has a four bottle limit per style so not the first...

12. jegross2

Heh. My opinion of alpine is well know

13. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Wait, you dislike 3 Floyds, Alpine, and Local Option. I think this may not be an issue with the establishments...

14. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Limiting ZD and GBH, sure, but the rest of them? I don't think I've had anything else from their lineup that wowed me enough to buy 6 cases of, let alone 2 cases.

And honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if those stores get around that limit by bringing a 15 passenger van filled with people.

15. beergurujr

beergurujr Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2003 Illinois

The amount of douchebaggery on this thread is nothing short of spectacular.

Maybe the step FFF has now taken, means that many more people will be able to buy their stuff in area stores. Yea for that.

jrnyc likes this.
  16. paslaugh

paslaugh Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2012 Illinois

I go to the 3F brewpub at least once per month, and I've never bought more than two cases.

Seriously, anyone that needs 6 cases needs either real-life friends or a girlfriend to come with them. It's especially absurd with Zombie Dust considering that it falls off considerably after 1-2 months. I can't fathom anyone drinking 6 cases of Zombie Dust before it's fallen off.

raymo55, scott2269, sullenbee and 3 others like this.
  17. jegross2

Eh? Love local option. One of my goto places. Just don't like getting cut off after my third 1414 8 oz snifter like I'm Hilary fuckin Clinton or whatever.

18. jegross2

It's not about the ZD limit. I live in madison. Why would I drive 6 hours so I can have 2 cases? More importantly, if ZD is the issue then why limit alpha king as well? I don't goto FFF just for the ZD. I buy cases of alpha king, APW, dreadnought and the like as well because they won't bottle date and I don't particularly care for stale malty orange juice beer

19. paslaugh

paslaugh Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2012 Illinois

I agree with the bottle dating, especially when Alpha King, APW, Dreadnaught, and Zombie Dust just aren't the same beer after a month or two. That being said, if I lived 6 hours away I probably would make it to 3 Floyds once or twice a year. I could get by with a half case of ZD, half case of Alpha King, and several of the bombers and be set for a few months while staying under their limits. If I brought my girlfriend we definitely wouldn't meet that 4 case combined limit. Everybody's different I suppose.

Also, there's plenty else out there to drink. As much as I enjoy 3 Floyds, I drink just as much from Half-Acre, Founders, and Upland depending on what I'm in the mood for.

jegross2 likes this.
  20. mishuggah

mishuggah Crusader (458) Jul 14, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

jEeNgTrIoTsLsE2D

/thread

FlssmrBrewAlum, mm2112 and stxSS07 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.