Carallton GA

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by IndianaAndy25, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndianaAndy25

IndianaAndy25 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Indiana

I am coming down from Indiana next weekend to see family. Is there anything I should see or do? Is Sweetwater worth an hour + drive? Any good beers out that I should lookout for?

2. KMitch

KMitch Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Alabama

If you are going to drive into Atlanta, I would recommend stopping by Creature Comforts or Orpheus if I didn't have a lot of time...they would be well worth your time. They both have a Facebook page with hours of operation and such. Wrecking Bar is a great craft beer bar and I always stop at HopCity in West Midtown...it's great bottle shop and they are next door to a brewpub and they have free parking in the back. They have a large number of taps there for growler fills as well.

3. DavidDulock

DavidDulock Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2011 Georgia

there is jack shit in carrollton as far as beer is concerned. I'll well versed and there's nothing there. if you're making the trip to atlanta, i might visit other breweries besides sweet water. or maybe i'm too late on this post for an IP trade...

4. MOVERTON1284

MOVERTON1284 Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2014 Alabama

Cheers Fine Wine & Spirits is a decent shop in Carrolton, the Ingles in Bremen has a lot of shelf beer also. At Cheers I found CC Athena and w00tstout a week or so back. If you drive to Atlanta hit up Orpheaus, Wild Heaven, The Porter, Wrecking Bar, The Brick Store Pub, etc. Sweetwater is not worth the trip IMO.

Creature Comforts is in Athens.

5. Davidstan

Davidstan Savant (1,083) May 24, 2014 Alabama
    Trader

Anniston AL is closer and Tyson Fine wine and Fast Mart are great beer stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.