Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david3tides

david3tides Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2006 Maine

Maine collection is for tomorrow the 17th. Jason & Todd are working on a bigger/Boston based event that we all hope to be a part of too.

bennybrew likes this.
  2. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Probably wont be able to make it out to Framingham tomorrow, but I will be at the Boston event. Well done guys

3. anichols70

anichols70 Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2010 New Hampshire

I wish I could get there tomorrow. Proud of everyone for pulling this together.

4. JCTetreault

JCTetreault Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2008 Massachusetts

Todd, please let Trillium know how we can help.
    thanks, JC & Esther

5. rawrmeans143

rawrmeans143 Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2011 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

Can't make it to Framingham, but if you're looking for volunteers for a Boston event, please let me know. This is very cool.

6. BrianSweeney

BrianSweeney Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 Massachusetts

Ran into Sam from Jack's Abby today in Belmont. Left Hand is in, hope to see lots of you BA folk out in Framingham tomorrow!

7. david3tides

Shipyard, Cape Ann, Jack's Abby, Marshall Wharf, Brash Brewing, Battle Road, Maine Beer, Allagash, Atlantic Brewing, Oxbow, Left Hand & Night Shift. All in the house tomorrow night @ Framingham Tavern. Buy a beer for Boston! Thanks to all the breweries coming out for this!

RMoeNay and MGambleWWS like this.
  8. JacksAbbyBrewing

JacksAbbyBrewing Zealot (509) Jul 19, 2011 Massachusetts

We have also received several donations for a raffle.

Craft Beer Cellar: t-shirts + gift certificates
    Redstone: Some bottles from cellar
    Julios: Westvleteran gift pack
    Berman's: Gift Card
    Tree House Brewing: Couple Empty Growlers w/ Gift Card
    Jack's Abby: 4 bottles of BA Framinghammer w/ cooler
    We have also received several donations of bottles from you guys.

Looking to do the raffle around 8pm.

9. lostsurf24

lostsurf24 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2007 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

So aside from who, can anyone explain how this is going to work? Bottles, Cans, Draft? Are we making donations? Are we paying per beer?

Just so the Public knows what to think. The first post in this thread said "free beer" and I assumed that is with all of us making donations that go straight to the families and no profit correct?

10. david3tides

Yup. Great question. I will do my best at this posting from a few states away.

Eric @ Jack's Abby & myself here @ Marshall Wharf Brewing in Maine set this up with the Framingham Tavern, who are in all reality making this whole thing work. They are hosting starting @ 3pm on the 17th. You pay for your beers, 13 breweries are in so far, and 100% of the proceeds are going to relief/victims. Can't say enough about how Jack's Abby & the Tavern are making this happen. There is some great Maine beer headed south from a collection of us up here just trying to make a small difference in the Boston area. Cheers!

sandman3479 and seanwhite like this.
  11. JacksAbbyBrewing

JacksAbbyBrewing Zealot (509) Jul 19, 2011 Massachusetts

There will be bottles, cans and draft at the event. Due to the location and type of the event and short notice we are going to have to go with a pay per beer system. The bar owner agreed to donate 100% of the proceeds from the beer so all the money spend will go directly to the charity.

sandman3479 and seanwhite like this.
  12. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

bennybrew likes this.
  13. bennybrew

bennybrew Crusader (494) Jul 10, 2001 Maine

Atlantic Brewing Co will be sending beer as well.

seanwhite likes this.
  14. jtdolla911

jtdolla911 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 Massachusetts

I would like to donate some bottles to the raffle, and will message you, jacksabby, as soon as i get home

seanwhite likes this.
  15. koflaherty

koflaherty Crusader (496) Nov 11, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

I'll be there along with a friend of mine. Excited to try my first Oxbow and Marshall Wharf (and Trillium maybe?). Great move everybody to organize on such short notice! I've got a couple of bottles to donate as well.

16. david3tides

I think I left out Tree House Brewing & Clown Shoes. So Sorry. Oh yeah, here's a quick video to share!

Auror likes this.
  17. meadnbrew

meadnbrew Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Rhode Island

I'll be there

18. david3tides

So here is the other way you can help out if you cannot join us in Framingham tomorrow.

We have an online donation portal. Buy someone a beer, as in, online here $5 or more? As in " I'd love to buy you a beer." Well here is your chance., All funds going to the cause. Thanks!

http://funds.gofundme.com/index.php?route=fundmanager&url=2m2fzk

19. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

If you are still looking where to donate the proceeds from tomorrow's event, the Governor and Mayor have set this up: http://onefundboston.com/

20. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

Damn, this is awesome. Way to go, all. Hopefully I can get out to Framingham tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.