Bruery Hoarders Society

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbadiuk, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Pundit (790) Feb 9, 2009 Canada (MB)
    Trader

http://hoarders.thebruery.com/

I initially thought it was a joke, now I'm not so sure. If it isn't, I better be invited or that's it for them getting any more of my money. If spending $2000+/year on their beers isn't "prized status" enough I'm sure I can find better use for my beer money elsewhere.

Ted

Dear Bruery Supporter,

You've been chosen to be an inaugural Hoarders Society member due to your prized status as one of our top customers. We have been having a great time developing new and interesting beers for the Hoarders Society, and we look forward to you trying them as we get to know you better at the exclusive events that we'll be having for you next year.

The Hoarders Society will be a much smaller membership base than the Reserve Society for next year and for the foreseeable future. Opportunities to join in the future will be very limited and will be by invite only. Members of the Hoarders Society receive all of the benefits of the Reserve Society, plus more.

If you wish to accept this invitation to join the Hoarders Society, please do so by purchasing your membership through this page by Sunday, September 23, 2012. Only purchase one membership, please. Duplicate membership orders will be cancelled and refunded.

Cost: $695

Membership begins on January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013.

Membership includes the following bottles, exclusive to Hoarders (many of these beers are not yet named, our apologies):
    -- 2 bottles Portola Coffee / Strong Ale Blend (1st Quarter release)
    -- 2 bottles Peach Sour Blend (2nd Quarter release)
    -- 2 bottles Fess Parker Riesling / Sour Collaborative Blend (3rd Quarter release)
    -- 2 bottles Fess Parker / Saarloos & Sons Late Harvest Syrah / Black Tuesday Collaborative Blend (4th Quarter release)
    -- 2 bottles Bois (5th anniversary) aged in new French oak barrels (4th Quarter release)

Membership also includes the following bottles, available after their release date (except for initial package offerings):
    -- 1 bottle of Melange #3 (Initial Package, January pickup)
    -- 1 bottle of White Chocolate (Initial Package, January pickup)
    -- 1 bottle of Otiose (Initial Package, January pickup)
    -- 2 bottles of Chocolate Rain (Available in March)
    -- 4 bottles of Black Tuesday (Available in late October)
    -- 1 bottle Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings (Available in December)
    -- 1 bottle of Mystery Beer #1 (Mystery Release Date)
    -- 1 bottle of Mystery Beer #2 (Mystery Release Date)
    -- 1 piece of high quality merchandise

Other Perks:
    -- Ability to purchase at least double the amount of allocations compared to Reserve Society members
    -- 20% off: Allocations, other purchases through The Bruery website, purchases at the Tasting Room, and when purchasing Bruery beer at The Bruery Provisions (compared to 15% for Reserve Society members)
    -- Access to special growler fills, special flights, access to Reserve Society events
    -- Access to Hoarders Society events
    -- First right of refusal to join 2014 Hoarders Society
    -- Shipping within California (will apply to Reserve Society as well)

Anticipated Releases for 2013:
    *Society Member Exclusive = Hoarders & Reserve Societies
    -- Sour in the Rye
    -- Chocolate Rain (Society member exclusive)
    -- White Oak
    -- Sans Pagaie
    -- Bois
    -- Bois Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels (Society member exclusive)
    -- Bois Aged in Brandy Barrels (Society member exclusive)
    -- Bois Aged in new American Oak Barrels #4 Toast (Society member exclusive)
    -- Kumquat Sour In The Rye (Society member exclusive)
    -- Barrel Aged English Barleywine with Portola Coffee (Society member exclusive, not yet named)
    -- Blueberry Sour (Society member exclusive, not yet named)
    -- Mystery Beer #1
    -- Mystery Beer #2
    -- Tart of Darkness
    -- White Chocolate
    -- Barrel Aged Apricot Strong Ale (Society member exclusive, not yet named)
    -- Bourbon Barrel Aged Smoking Wood
    -- Cherry Oude Tart (Society member exclusive)
    -- Oude Tart
    -- Black Tuesday
    -- Grey Monday (Society member exclusive)
    -- Melange #1
    -- Bourbon Barrel Aged Autumn Maple
    -- Melange #3
    -- Rueuze
    -- Barrel Aged 5 Golden Rings (Society member exclusive)
    -- Smoking Wood - Rye
    -- Approximately 8 very exciting Provisions Series releases

Barrel aged beers tell us when they are ready, so keep in mind any stated release dates are estimates only.

Shipping within California will be offered for the beers included in the membership, however we will handle the additional cost of shipping at a later date.
    You must be 21 years or older to be in the Hoarders Society. All pick-up purchases take place in Placentia, California, thus CA (Placentia area) sales tax will be applied to all orders at a rate of 7.75%. All shipping orders will be taxed at the shipping address rate.

Please note that we will not be able to ship outside of California. If you are outside of California, please designate a trustee who is over 21 years of age to pick-up or receive shipment of your beers.

2. BdubleEdubleRUN

BdubleEdubleRUN Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 California

I believe, mainly because the mention of Sarloos, I know they have been building a relationship.

pschul4 likes this.
  3. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

I honestly think I just peed a little.

Cheers!

1up, Jazzpatel, gpawned and 1 other person like this.
  4. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

over on fb i remarked that this is great marketing and a good move, but i forgot about the "cut off one's nose to spite one's face" aspect of beer. this could backfire.

Mjmoser likes this.
  5. tjensen3618

tjensen3618 Savant (1,225) Mar 23, 2008 California

Please tell me this isn't real.
    The Bruery has more tact than that, instead of blantantly calling it "Hoarding Society" they'd call it "Timeless Collection: from The Bruery" or something corny like that.

Joe_Mahma likes this.
  6. tbadiuk

Trader

I've talked now to two other friends in RS and both their reactions can best be described as "pissed". As far as I know, they spend about the same as I do, so that's $6000/year and counting...

7. EgadBananas

EgadBananas Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2009 Louisiana

God I hope they offer it up to the public if they don't sell out...

8. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

This strikes me as a giant troll.

domtronzero and Etan like this.
  9. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Someone fill me in a bit....with the Reserve Society do you have to pay the membership fee and then pay for the bottles on top of that? Or are bottle sales and everything included with the society price?

10. tbadiuk

Trader

You get some bottles included with the membership, then you can buy more as well.

11. brewbetter

brewbetter Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2012 Nauru

I really like how The Bruery operates. If you're willing to pay, they're willing to hook you up.

ISO: Hoarder's Society membership with mule

12. cbeer88

You get about $200 worth of bottles and a couple of other bonuses for your $300. While you could conceivably just join and never order anything else, it doesn't make a ton of sense to do so.

13. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Oh ok. THat seems more reasonable lol

Too bad i dont like close to the bruery otherwise id join for sure

14. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

all I know is as a regular society member I am excited about next year as I did not see a '*' next to any of the listed anticipated beers for 2013, and there are a lot of awesome sounding ones.

15. tjensen3618

I can't stand how the Bruery operates.
    I'm more than happy to pay for several beers from them, others I definitely would not want to pay for, but are included in the price of the RS and now in the HS.

Mista_Carta and 2beerdogs like this.
  16. cbeer88

To toss it out there to everyone - be very careful with this site until confirmed legitimate. It could be phishing for username/passwords of Reserve Society members trying to login to it.

17. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2008 California

Any word on the price to join the hoarders' society?

18. tbadiuk

Trader

My RS society log-in worked, a fake user/pwd doesn't. It also has my address/billing details. It's definately a Bruery site.

19. tbadiuk

Trader

$695

20. tjensen3618

OP says $695

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.