Bourbon County 2014

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by justlovebeer, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charliechu

Charliechu Zealot (740) Jul 1, 2013 California
    Trader

Theres blood in the water, let the feeding frenzy begin!

2. makeminerandom

makeminerandom Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2014 Pennsylvania

As a relative n00b to all of this, I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered before, or if there's a resource to find the info...

Does BC get distributed in/around Pittsburgh? I was just starting to get into craft beer last fall, so I most likely wouldn't have noticed whether it was on shelves or not.

Also, do distributors know ahead of time if they're going to be getting it after release, or is it just a random inclusion with the rest of the GI line-up?

3. swedishmailman

swedishmailman Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Georgia

Where did you find it in Georgia? I had to trade for the Barleywine!

4. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,403) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

BCBBW was a shelf turd here in Charleston. The second release, after Black Friday.

5. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas
    Trader

*equipment

dtomes, PsilohsaiBiN and Fargrow like this.
  6. elchicodelgado

Trader

*of

:grinning:

dtomes, PsilohsaiBiN and Fargrow like this.
  7. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2011 Texas

Are they upping production on the regular BCBS ?

8. makeminerandom

If you come across any shelf turds this year, feel free to distribute them to the masses. I, for one, would happily try a BC turd, rather than no BC at all. :wink:

9. BMBCLT

Pooh-Bah Society

Turd doesn't always mean bad. And it looks like SC had BC for one of the best prices. $18-22 a 4-pack. I did have to trade for Backyard Rye and haven't traded for Prop yet. Heard that Vanilla, Bramble and Rare are not worth trading for, bcause a lot of stuff has "fallen off". While Cherry Rye is still very good. I wish shipping was $5 for up to 30 lbs. Have you had any BC variant?

10. makeminerandom

Nope, I've never had the pleasure of trying any of the BC brews. I only got heavily into craft beer in the last 9 months or so, and back in Nov. '13 when it was last released I most likely had never heard of BC and was still mostly working my way through local offerings. Since then, I've found that stouts, especially ages stouts and those with a combination of complex flavors, are some of my favorites, so I'm hoping to track down some BC at some point (not sure if they distro local to me in SW PA).

BMBCLT likes this.
  11. BMBCLT

Pooh-Bah Society

PA gets Goose Island.

12. makeminerandom

Yeah, I get regular GI around me, I just wasn't sure if a shop getting regular and seasonal GI automatically meant that they'd see BC too. I guess that all depends on whether the distributor likes my local shop or not. :grimacing:

13. elchicodelgado

Trader

Shoot me a pm. If you'll email me a shipping label I will send you two bcbs. I don't trade here but I do on reddit and I've received some awesome extras in trades so I'm happy to pay it forward.

14. elektrikjester

elektrikjester Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2008 Georgia

Hop City. They got in at least 10 cases back in January. Sprayberry Bottle Shop and Bullock's in Marietta both received decent allocations, so I assume that it was well distributed (in ATL at least).

It sat around for about 2 weeks.

15. incubuscience

incubuscience Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

Well played, sir.

hey5hitgoose and elchicodelgado like this.
  16. Preluderl

Preluderl Pooh-Bah (1,710) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Pennsylvania gets Goose Island, but finding BCBS in Pennsylvania outside if Philly is very, very difficult.

Last year a few local stores got ONE case of regular BCBS, no variants and most parsed their BCBS cases out in singles at ridiculously inflated prices.

17. SStein

SStein Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2012 Colorado

You mean Proprietors wasn't made with real business men?

18. _morandi_

_morandi_ Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2014 California

First time post here (long time reader).
    Saw some questions about a Rare 2.0.... Got the chance to meet John Hall at a Migration week event while I was in San Diego. He opened a couple Rares at the event and when asked about a future "rare", he said that it's currently aging in 30 yr heaven hill barrels. No mention of how long it has been/will be aging or release, but only that it exists and is coming. Not sure what barrels these could be though... I'm only aware of Elijah Craig 21 but nothing older really. Any thoughts?

JavaNoire likes this.
  19. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Dupage25 likes this.
  20. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

All of them are still tasting great. Bramble has never been better.

JavaNoire, pisano and TomClem like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.