Bottle Share in Clarendon/Arlington, Sat 9/7 @ 4PM - So good we're doing it again

Discussion in 'New England' started by reidjoshua, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Zealot (685) May 3, 2013 Florida

It was so good the first time we're doing it again!

What: Bottle sharing!
    When: Saturday, September 7, @ 4PM.
    Where: The Reserve at Clarendon Centre. 3000 Washington Blvd. Arlington, VA 22201.
    My apt. building is 1-2 blocks straight south of the Clarendon metro. Across the street from Lyon Hall/Mister days. The rooftop is on the 9th floor all the way to the left at the elevator.

I posted a Google spreadsheet so you can add your name and what you're bringing so we don't bring too much of the same beer. You're welcome to bring your own tasting glass, but I'll have some solo cups available. You're welcome to bring food as well, I'll put out some bags of pretzels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgA1Q8915fS4dFcxZTFHY3hCU3p1Nl9MWmF3dUNvRGc&usp=sharing

There will be some people from an informal tasting group on facebook I'm apart of as well.

2. Howlader

Howlader Maven (1,359) May 1, 2010 Canada (AB)

hellllll yeah.

If I'm around (and I likely will be?) I am so down.

3. magnumpoppy

magnumpoppy Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2011 Michigan

I am not missing it this time, %@$@ it!

4. russwbeck

russwbeck Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2010 Virginia

This is awesome! I wish I noticed the last one that happened. I live in Ballston and can't make the one on 9/7, but I'll try to be at the next one!

5. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

I'm in. Gotta figure out what to bring this time...

6. jtladner

jtladner Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2013 District of Columbia

Sure, I'm in. Just met a great BA at the Perennial Artisan Ales dinner at Birch and Barley (which was fantastic!). He said the last tasting was awesome, so I figure I better check it out. I'll add to the google spreadsheet soon.

7. reidjoshua

nice! we had the perennial fantastic voyage at the last tasting.

8. jtladner

Do you have the list from the last tasting? That way I can avoid bringing duplicates.

9. reidjoshua

Blakeo likes this.
  10. mjord23

There's a pretty good chance it was me you met last night! Hope to see you at this tasting!

11. Blakeo

Blakeo Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2012 Washington

I'm coming. Maybe I'll bring a 2011 lindley park this time. Also, will bring Bramble if somebody will bring Cherry Rye? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

12. jtladner

Yeah, hi Matt. What did you end up drinking afterwards?

Thanks for the older spreadsheet. I'll choose some beer soon.

13. mjord23

Hey! Ended up grabbing another glass of BA Abraxas (kicked the keg, actually). Too good to pass up! Looking forward to hanging out again!

Been trying to get some Cherry Rye after our conversation at the last one, but still no luck :slight_frown: - I'll keep trying, but doubtful on my end. That Lindley Park was absolutely insane.

14. magnumpoppy

magnumpoppy Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2011 Michigan

That lindley parks sounds awesome. I vote for that one!

15. reidjoshua

I was down in Charlotte a couple weeks ago. couldn't find any Old Hickory at the couple bottle stores I went to but drank some of their stuff at one of the bars down there.

16. Howlader

Howlader Maven (1,359) May 1, 2010 Canada (AB)

I've got four bombers of random Half Pints beers from Winnipeg. They're not as magical or rare as Le Temps Noir - but Pothole Porter is pretty damn good.

Also I'll try and find something more special?

17. bpgpitt10

bpgpitt10 Pundit (805) May 12, 2008 District of Columbia

Hopefully I can make this, but I'm definitely TBD at this point. If I do I'll bring sthing like 08 and 11 Arctic Devil, KH, Ivan 10, BA Sexy Choc, or BT.

18. Blakeo

Yes, sir. Hope you can make it with some of those beers! I'll be sure to bring some good stuff too.

19. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Savant (1,212) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Is this a formal tasting group or just folks meeting up?

20. Blakeo

We did an open tasting for anyone at Josh's place. It's open to anyone who wants to come (right, Josh?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.