Binny's Lincoln Park Black Friday 2012 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Vav, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

If you dont see it here, it's just a rumor.

Here's the deal: Doors open at 9 am. Showing up gets you a piece of paper with a number on it. I'll be pulling numbers for special things from my cellar. Any time your number is pulled, you get the option to purchase whatever that particular item is. Then it goes back in the hat.

There is plenty of BCS 2012, so even if your number is never called, you'll still be able to grab some.

Stuff from the cellar:
    Bourbon County 2011 4pks
    Bourbon County Mini Cellar 4pks (2 bottles 2012, 1 bottle 2011, 1 bottle 2010)
    Bourbon County 2009 Bombers
    Night Stalker 2010
    Night Stalker 2011
    Bourbon County Vanilla 2010
    Bourbon County Coffee 2010
    King Henry
    Rare

Misc Info: The idea is that you DONT have to wait in line in the cold if the weather is a jerk. Everyone will have an equal chance at the cellared stuff. Hopefully i'll have 2012 Coffee and Cherry Rye in time, but i'm not holding my breath. Also, i'll try and get everything finished by the time Goose starts theirs across the street, if for no other reason i want to go drinking :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: NO OPEN CONTAINERS IN THE PARKING LOT. SERIOUSLY. You're welcome to trade and such out there though. Also, please do not bring product into the store.

Any questions, post'em here.

2. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,106) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

so when you pull the number, the person is entitled to purchase what is left from all the goodies or you will be pulling 5 numbers to say buy the five night stalker 2011?

Also since the number goes back in the hat, that means one person could win multiple times and another might not win anything? ((FYI-sounds fine to me but some people might be sour grapes about it))

3. JimPapadop

JimPapadop Initiate (0) May 12, 2012 Illinois

So essentially, your number could be pulled multiple times?

4. Vav

No i'll say what bottle it is before i pull the number.

Yep. One person, in theory, could win absolutely everything, while others could win nothing at all. Totally random chance.

5. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

SEXIST.

jeonseh, chanokokoro and thetomG like this.
  6. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2012 Indiana

Great idea on putting numbers back into the hat. I wouldn't be to happy if I got a bottle of night stalker after first drawing and wasn't able for the chance of vanilla. What if you don't want to purchase the bottle? Draw again? And have you figured out pricing yet? I know you mentioned a few bottle pricing but not all.

7. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Zealot (714) Nov 8, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

What time will the drawing start? I want to say I saw you post 10am in another post but cannot recall

8. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2009 Illinois

9. Vav

Dont forget, it's Racial Profiler now too!

Funnily enough, i just saw that guy posting over in the GIBF thread. I wonder if he'll be attending this soiree?

10. Vav

Probably 9:30-10ish. Like i said, i'll try to wrap it all up by Noon for those attending first session over at the pub.

Still working that out, but you have my word i'm not going to charge an arm and a leg. Also, i will point out now that no one is under any obligation to purchase anything.

11. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,106) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Please post prices so the BA's left over from the 3F's barrel aged weekly release posts have a place to complain and discuss supply side economics.

sleuthdog, funhog, Durb777 and 4 others like this.
  12. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

Can't wait. Thanks for putting this event together.

13. Fistville

Fistville Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2008 Illinois

Sounds awesome, Adam. You always handle these things best. Just for clarities sake, are there as many tickets as people show up or is it going to be a set number like the cellar sales?

14. EOTLBrewer

EOTLBrewer Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2011 Illinois

Sounds like fun, I'll see you there!

15. homebrew311

homebrew311 Pooh-Bah (2,070) May 19, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Trader

So if cherry rye and coffee 12 are there on Black Friday, will they be included in the drawing or will they be first come first serve?

foobula likes this.
  16. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

Vav, you are a good man nuff said. Can't wait to hit this before the trek to Kalamazoo for the in-laws...which of course will be awesome

17. CummingsK21

CummingsK21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2011 Illinois

Very much looking forward to this. Thanks Vav.

18. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Pundit (897) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

really pumped for this. really hoping i can walk away with a rare - rest assured it will be drank and not traded.

DBCOACHEMUP likes this.
  19. JimGlonke

JimGlonke Pundit (887) Apr 27, 2012 Illinois

Likewise with the thanks, Vav. This is the only kind of Black Friday "shopping" I could ever handle.

DBCOACHEMUP likes this.
  20. Grohnke

Grohnke Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

Sounds awesome, and thanks. Just confirming, that i have to get my ass there before the first drawing, or else im outta luck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.