1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

BIF: Seniors Sipping Suds

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by duceswild, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duceswild

duceswild Pooh-Bah (2,046) Feb 8, 2010 Heard & McDonald Islands
    Pooh-Bah Trader

This BIF is closed to new participants and is a follow up to the Juniors Jaunting for Brew BIF
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/juniors-jaunting-for-brews-bif-hints-hauls.21005/

The rules for this round are:
    · 11 participants
    · Minimum beer spend of $50
    · 1 piece of glassware (pint is fine)
    · 1 pumpkin / fall beer (if you really dislike this style let me know so I can tell your target)
    · Target ship date is November 16th. You MUST ship by this date.
    · 1 beer/drink that they have matured from over the past 4 years. Since this is the senior round we have to show how we've matured right?? I don't intend for this to be a "craft" beer by any means though it could be. I think it will be interesting to see and hear a story behind this for those in the group. I'm thinking we will see a mix of Macro beers, local adjuncts, "gateway crafts", and maybe even some cupcake vodka or for those crazy ones...jello shots

The beers you send should include locals, but don't feel restricted by that as it is very likely you have access to beers that your target does not, so those are fair game as well. Check out http://seekabrew.com/ if you have question on state distributions. Knocking of all your targets wants is not necessary for this BIF, but if you can hit a couple that's great. Make sure your wants list is updated.

Please remember to ship a box that you would enjoy receiving.

Targets have been sent out so please let me know if you did not get yours or have questions let me know.

We have a great bunch of people in this so I'm looking forward to lots of fun, participation, and great hauls.

2. duceswild

Pooh-Bah Trader

I tried to do my best making sure no one had a repeat of any of the prior rounds. I think I got it, but if for some reason I made a mistake please let me know ASAP so I can make adjustments.

Also if there are any questions about the rules or targets or anything please let me know.

3. Pelican5

Pelican5 Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2012 California

Thanks for hosting again duces! Annnnnnd begin...

Box will be heading in a northeast direction.

4. duceswild

Pooh-Bah Trader

My box will be going to a state where I have only visited via airport layovers.

5. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2011 Texas

I'll be shipping northeast... Go figure

6. RochesterAaron

RochesterAaron Initiate (0) May 24, 2007 New York

My box is headed to a state that I'm 99% sure I've never shipped beer to (surprisingly). I have however sent something else to at least one BA in that state.

Thanks duces!

7. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

spoke with duceswild and I will be shipping out on 11/19 as there is a certain bottle release on 11/17.
    I have shipped to my targets state before...

8. duceswild

Pooh-Bah Trader

I am sure your target will appreciate what this bottle is. I know I would.

9. laxer8811

laxer8811 Pundit (804) Sep 13, 2006 New York
    Trader

Never been to my targets state before, but have had beer from their state

10. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2012 California

My in-laws just moved away from this state.

11. Pelican5

Looks like I will be able to hit a bunch of wants and already have a certain special treat in hand. Box (s) will be landing east of the mississippi.

12. duceswild

Pooh-Bah Trader

The state when I'm shipping has 9 characters or less.

13. Pelican5

That knocks me out

14. dumptruck81

Me too

15. laxer8811

laxer8811 Pundit (804) Sep 13, 2006 New York
    Trader

16. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

I've driven to my target's city more times than I can count. Some times it'd take me 16 hours, some times I could make it in 45minutes.

17. djmichaelk

djmichaelk Pundit (995) Jul 6, 2008 Florida

This one kinda snuck up on me, so the target message took me by surprise, but I'm more than happy to be back for this one. I have a feeling that my target already knows that I have him/her, but I'll leave some hints anyway. #1: my target's location was/is in the path of Sandy and probably felt some of her wrath. I might be cutting it close with the deadline due to a few boxes that should be arriving just before that time.

18. markasparov

markasparov Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2007 District of Columbia

I'm shipping to a city that I've only visited once, for a reason that used to be in my BA avatar.

19. Pelican5

Get it together man, I have a feeling your gonna get crushed in this round.

20. dumptruck81

My gf used to live in the state I'm shipping to. My target likes stouts and hoppy beers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.