Best on tap?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by alucard6679, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alucard6679

alucard6679 Pundit (997) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

For quite a while I was happy with just quietly enjoying some amazing beers at home (still am, for the record), but recently I've started seeking out great beers at various bars. Last night I went to The Yard House with a friend, and tried a few awesome beers on tap for the first time. Throughout the night I had: Arrogant Bastard, Stone IPA, Firestone Walker Union Jack, Odell Myrcenary, and Tripel Karmeliet

I have to say, the one that really stood out for me was Union Jack. It made me think, "God, this is what an IPA should be!"

So, does anyone else have a similar experience, or just an overall favorite beer on tap?

1424IpA likes this.
  2. Dools9

Dools9 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Sculpin

iparaez likes this.
  3. Jugs_McGhee

Jugs_McGhee Grand Pooh-Bah (5,956) Aug 15, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not that they're favourite beers on draught, but Fat Tire and Guinness both stand out as substantially better from a keg.

A friend just alerted me recently to the existence of Cantillon on tap, which I'd never even thought about. Oddly, I'd always just assumed Cantillon was bottle only. Misconceptions about Belgian tradition and that. Go figure...

4. ShemRahBoo

ShemRahBoo Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 New Jersey

Had maharaja on tap and was extremely impressed. Had it in a bottle last year a couple times and liked it, but what i had recently was too good. Get the maharaja if you see it anywhere you won't be disappointed.

5. alucard6679

I haven't tried Fat Tire on tap, but I definitely agree with you on Guinness. It tends to be the best option at a lot of places I've been to.

Jugs_McGhee likes this.
  6. alucard6679

I'll keep an eye out, thanks : )

7. iparaez

iparaez Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2013 California

Thoroughly enjoy ANY Alpine brew on tap.
    Personal favorite though is Pliny... on tap, its just awesome'er.

1424IpA likes this.
  8. MarioM

MarioM Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2009 California

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

9. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Beer on tap. so GOOD.

alucard6679 likes this.
  10. 1424IpA

1424IpA Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California

Pliny and sucks are extremely delicious on tap, i heard the same of enjoy by...

11. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

recently some of my favorites on tap were Goose Island BCBCS, Bear Republic Racer X and Firestone Sucaba 2013

the bcbcs was seriously incredible, every sip i was just in awe

ufmj likes this.
  12. TongoRad

TongoRad Grand Pooh-Bah (3,848) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Quality Munich Helles and IPAs always elicit a huge "whoooooah" from me when they are on draught and fresh, moreso than any other styles.

13. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Pooh-Bah (2,057) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Enjoy By is unbelievable on tap!

[​IMG]

14. dougfur

dougfur Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 New York

Some beers are just undeniably, completely better on tap because they're different. Our local brewery, Lake Placid Brewery, brews at their pub in lake placid and you can get all their stuff on tap there. Their bottled beers are brewed at the Saranac brewery in Utica and they're not even in the same ballpark. Their IPA in the bottle is mediocre at best, but on tap in the brewery, it's really tasty. If they bottled the stuff they make, that IPA would be a known beer outside of this area.

15. CurtFromHershey

CurtFromHershey Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2012 Minnesota

Best I've had is Bear Republic cafe racer 15, on tap at the brew pub. Awesome.

16. klaybie

klaybie Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2009 Illinois

Bell's Black Note is simply amazing.

17. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Circa 3 years ago.

18. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I can't think of any beer that I would consider to be better in a bottle than on tap.

19. WBD

WBD Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2013 South Carolina

I just picked up a growler of founders all day IPA

Wonderful I must say. 10 buck 64 oz fill.

Sucks on tap is one that I would travel for.

ufmj likes this.
  20. Dools9

Dools9 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Can't say, I've only been able to legally drink for 2 years lol and I've only just gotten into craft in the last year and a half or so. All I know is what I had last fall was delicious, the bottled version is no where near as good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.