Best craft beer liquor store in Denver

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by hitter114, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitter114

hitter114 Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Colorado

Ive hit the argonaughts a few times, what else is out there?

2. GuzzLah

GuzzLah Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 Illinois

Subscribed because this thread will get moved and I need to buy some beer in CO soon.

Which store has a reliable supply of Russian River Sours? Colorado Springs is also applicable to my question. Ft. Collins is not.

3. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is gonna get moved. The south side has parker payless, lukas liquors, and davidsons. Bubbles in castle rock usually has rr sitting on the shelf weeks after it gets hoarded up in denver.

4. GuzzLah

GuzzLah Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 Illinois

I'll be passing by Castle Rock. Thank you.

Is Crooked Stave found at the same place? Is it common in Denver or do they only make it to a dozen stores in the area.

5. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Crooked stave makes it into bubbles, but you would probably have better luck hitting crooked staves tap room for bottles. Don't overlook trinity brewing, those guys are doing crazy shit with saisons.
    Shoot me. A bm.

6. StonedTrippin

StonedTrippin Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,244) May 28, 2011 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Little's on downing and Wesley is your ticket

7. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

Mr Bs is the best beer shopping experience downtown. Scott knows his shit.

8. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Pundit (812) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado
    Trader

This place and Lukas are about the only stores I shop at. None of that gotta ask for it shit at either. Mile High is good also but I am rarely on that side of town.

hopfacebrew and FishPondManager like this.
  9. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

Am I crazy or did Liquor Mart on Colorado Blvd do a decent job of having one or two things from Russian River? Been a while, I could be 110% wrong on that one.

That said, I do remember that store always being great for having a decent stock of the Odell Cellar Reserve offering. Sure you can still find the last couple releases in most stores but the one or two prior to those was often still at Liquor Mart.

My favorite Denver store was Mr. B's.

10. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

There's really quite a lot. Lukas, Davidson's, Mile High, Total Beverage (Westminster) may be the top tier

I don't like Argonaut...just a weird vibe. Or Applejacks for that matter. While they have nice selections, I worry about storage. Some of the smaller stores may have some hold overs from one-time releases (wink wink), but sometimes they go in spurts.

hopfacebrew likes this.
  11. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Argo is expanding their shelving, they do have probably the largest selection, but their buying is all jack, certain obvious beers are missing from the breweries they carry. And don't ask for any help there.

Mr.B's is great and Scott is a super nice guy, not a huge selection, but you will find a majority of what you're looking for, including a good selection of Italian sours

12. drlovemd87

drlovemd87 Crusader (488) Aug 6, 2009 Colorado
    Trader

Tyson is about the only person I'll talk to at Argonaut...all the other employees just go about their business. As far as Mr. B's goes it's one of my favorite stores to go to in Colorado (there and Little's).

hopfacebrew and BeerSlingerMike like this.
  13. hitter114

hitter114 Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Colorado

Thx for the info, have to take 4 trips to denver from vail in the next 2 weeks. WIll check out Mr. B's and littles for sure

14. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2011 Colorado

If you're looking for a quick stop on that trek Applejack has a TON of stuff, but lack all the extra niceties I look for in a shop (no one knows beer, don't really have time to help you if you're looking for something, get dirty looks when you ask for stuff) but they put most special releases right on the floor so you gotta be quick to anything you're looking for.

15. kkrez

kkrez Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2008 Colorado

I'm would also like to throw Grapevine Wine and Spirits off of S Monaco into the mix, they are sitting on a lot of stuff that has disappeared from other shelves. I don't know why they haven't been mentioned before, I guess their regulars are keeping the secret to themselves. Make sure you talk to Chris, great dude.

edit: make sure you ask to go into the back room

16. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Initiate (0) May 30, 2006 Colorado

The first rule of Grapevine Wine and Spirits club...

17. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

You're really into clubs huh...Cantillon club! Grapevine Wine and Spirits club! That's really neat.

18. ColoradicalBEER

ColoradicalBEER Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2012 Colorado

Mile High, Littles, Lukas... All those are great if they haven't already sold out of the more rare beers. Also keep in mind they might not shelf quite a few items. I handle the beer at Alameda Liquormart and currently have RR consecration and supplication, Lost Abbey Deliverance, Port Older Viscosity, Crooked Stave St. Bretta, Surette, Vielle and several other tasty brews. We are definitely a more hidden gem than all the other stores that have been mentioned. But that doesn't stop me from going to all of them on a weekly basis haha.

19. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Initiate (0) May 30, 2006 Colorado

You're really neat.

alexipa and karlbronson like this.
  20. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

Thanks ;-)

karlbronson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.