Bell's Hopslam (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 3, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damnitsjeff

damnitsjeff Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 Indiana

It hit my tummy here in Southern Indiana 8 days after it was bottled. Nothing better than looking at the date of January 2nd on the box and drinking it on the 10th.

2. Cotchept

Cotchept Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Colorado

Love me some Hopslam. The beer buyer at the store I work at said he is expecting 25 cases this week which means i'll be able to buy as much as I can possible drink and all at a 20% discount!

craigo19 and Heidelberg7 like this.
  3. kendrid

kendrid Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2009 Illinois

For people in the NW Chicago burbs, Binny's is getting it today. I bought two six packs at a local hole in the wall shop last night for $17 each. The guy there said he only got two cases, one guy bought one case, I bought two so there were two left.

4. chcfan

chcfan Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2008 California

It's a Pennsylvania thing. It's complicated, but "distributor" in most cases means case-only store. We have some wacky laws up in this state.

5. Dannywhitewash

Dannywhitewash Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Ohio

17.99 all over the city. I bought a case and a half at jungle jims.. They still have some but are running out fast.

6. Dannywhitewash

Dannywhitewash Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Ohio

7. KevinGordon

KevinGordon Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 North Carolina

stop smoking rocks, dude

EddieGold likes this.
  8. ajzy

ajzy Pundit (889) Jun 15, 2011 Wisconsin

Groppis had it yesterday

9. DesMoinesMike

DesMoinesMike Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2008 Iowa

el Bait Shop in Des Moines is having a release tonight at 5! The wife's be gratious enough to drive me home.

JediMatt likes this.
  10. wembly13

wembly13 Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2011 West Virginia

Got my case last night. I look forward to this day every year, and the beer always lives up to my excitement. I always have to remind myself its 10%, because I could drink this beer all night.

11. kreg02

kreg02 Savant (1,210) Nov 19, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I got 4 bottles last night, my local shop was out of 6ers so I cleaned out the singles.

12. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Beer Crazy in Des Moines posted on their Facebook at 11:15 that they got in 120 bottles of Hopslam today. At 12:00 they posted again that it was all gone. Dammit.

At least I know it has arrived in the area though, but it could be a chore tracking some down.

13. frankthetank86

frankthetank86 Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2012 New York

heady>all of the above lol. I can't say that tho, I've never had abrasive.

Revenant likes this.
  14. kendrid

kendrid Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2009 Illinois

Replying to myself because I can't edit - Binny's in Schaumburg has a decent size stack of cases out. Out the door it was $17.85.

15. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Pooh-Bah (2,225) Dec 13, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Delicious brew, from a mighty fine brewery. So glad that I have been able to enjoy
    such cosmically sublime beer.

16. proseberry

proseberry Initiate (0) May 2, 2008 Illinois

Hey, I love everything about HopSlam and soooooo look forward to getting it as soon as I can every year. I've come to like it for its absolute smooth character (thanks to the honey). I've never thougth of this as a Hop Bomb, allthough I've always found the draft to be way hoppier than the bottle. I'll be at a place tomorrow that will feature HopSlam, Green Bullet, Palate Wrecker, "And many more." I look forwards to my little head to head snifter" battles." Thanks.

17. RWNay

RWNay Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2010 Illinois

$15.99 a 6-pack here in the Chicago suburbs. With no limit....
    [​IMG]

18. DrHopHead

DrHopHead Initiate (0) May 18, 2010 Michigan

They didn't until they released BBA Black Note Stout on Friday....

19. 4thelvofbeer

4thelvofbeer Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Virginia

Northern Virgina / DC Metro area sightings??

20. DrHopHead

DrHopHead Initiate (0) May 18, 2010 Michigan

I picked up a case and already down to 12...but can get more whenever....whatca got to trade??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.