Bell's 30th Anniversary Ale

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jaszucs, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croush

croush Pooh-Bah (2,371) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Anyone know if these have come and gone in Chicago already? I thought I saw a local shop tweet about receiving them a couple weeks back, but I never made it in to grab any.

2. cwehr13

cwehr13 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

nothing in south suburbs IE Tinley, Mokena Orland. I have been following beer menus closely. I Was at bells over the weekend and they were sold out

3. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

i am half tempted to try and pick up another 6. A nice, heavy, not too pricey stout to get me through winter. i've got a 6 pack +1 for now.

4. Teakbucki62

Teakbucki62 Initiate (0) May 18, 2012 Illinois

Have not made it to Chicago yet, should hopefully this week or the following.

5. phildow

phildow Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2013 Michigan

Nope. Just had samples of all 3 stouts and a taste of Four Roses yellow label. I thought I read that they blend the 2 beers, but now I'm beginning to think it's a blend of the grain bills more so than the beers themselves...that would make a lot more sense.

vette-ss likes this.
  6. SerialTicker

SerialTicker Pooh-Bah (2,815) Jun 18, 2012 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah

Purchased three bottles earlier... would have gotten more, but I'm poor. If I drink one (plan to tonight) and really, really dig it, I'll just be going to get myself some more tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

7. MittenBrews

MittenBrews Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2015 North Carolina

Is it really that readily available in most places? Seems like most places in north/east Oakland County have single bottles available or didn't get it at all. I'm still looking to try one. Hopefully I'll come across some this week.

Gemini6 likes this.
  8. Jmorey

My bottle shop was limit 2 and they probably ran out that day. I picked it up on the chance that I didn't see it anywhere else. Then I walked into a Meijer and a case of it was on the shelf. So yes and no?

9. CB_Michigan

CB_Michigan Maven (1,478) Sep 4, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

It didn't hit Holland until last Wed, and there was at least a case or two at Meijer as of a couple days ago. Might have gotten scooped up by now, but it seems like a $19 sixer is a tough sell around here.

10. Boosully

Boosully Zealot (538) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Is this long gone in Northern Oakland County? I'm only looking for a couple and figured I'd ask before I try the IP ISO.

11. Breaking_Beard

Breaking_Beard Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Michigan

As far as I know, this has NOT hit northern/north east Oakland county. I have been looking and have not seen it anywhere.

12. Breaking_Beard

Breaking_Beard Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Michigan

Which Meijer?

13. Jmorey

Bath

14. grr32

grr32 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 Michigan

Had this a few times now. I really think it's an incredible beer. Little hot up front which leads me to believe it will age like a boss. I think this beer, after age, will be batch 9,000 worthy. God I hope they put some in barrels!

wdberkley likes this.
  15. CB_Michigan

CB_Michigan Maven (1,478) Sep 4, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

If anyone on the lakeshore is still looking, there are 5 six-packs left at the southside Meijer in Holland. 17.79 each.

16. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's gone in northern Oakland county AFAIK. Picked up bottles from 3 difference places over the last week, and called others that have sold out.

If either of you would like to trade for some, hit me up. I'm currently ISO Saturn, among others. Thanks.

Boosully likes this.
  17. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,403) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Still waiting for it in SC.

catjuice likes this.
  18. ClavisAurea

ClavisAurea Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008 New York

Any sightings in upstate NY yet?

19. chicagogooner

chicagogooner Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2014 Illinois

Spoke with the buyer at my local store here in the Chicago suburbs and he said he would have it next week.

Teakbucki62 and croush like this.
  20. Oceanbear1

Oceanbear1 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 Colorado

So since Bell's is temporarily distributing to Colorado for GABF, think they will send a few cases that way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.