Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foobula

foobula Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2009 Illinois

Ha ha, figured this would show up. HATED it when I had it on draft the first time. Then I saw the episode of Brewmasters where Sam goes to Egypt and collects the yeast, chooses the fruit in the market, and tries it for the first time not knowing what to expect.

After that I opened a bottle, and actually appreciated it. It still tasted weird, but it was a good weird. Maybe it was the first craft beer/TV show tie-in, and I bought it.

robinsmv likes this.
  2. darknova306

darknova306 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2005 New York

Infinium. One of the worst drinking experiences I've ever had. I could barely choke down the small glass of it on NYE. Just pure awful.

JulianB and CasanovaCummins like this.
  3. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Pooh-Bah (2,201) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah

On a similar note it seems that mixing Honey Weiss and Berry Weiss yields a monstrosity known as the Honey Bear. I have never had it, but friends that are Leinies fans swear by it. I guess in order to make Leinies taste good you need to mix two of their mediocre beers together.

CanConPhilly likes this.
  4. SrMonkey

SrMonkey Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2008 Wisconsin

Left hand wake up dead - mmm, burnt plastic
    GI 312 - for some reason I find it gag worthy
    Busch or rolling rock. There's a time and purpose for cheap beer, that's what keystone and high life light are for
    NG twomen and totally naked. Not worth it even when on special

5. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

I have heard nothing but negativity regarding anything BrewDog has done.

6. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

I honestly refuse to buy Rogue based on principle. Everything I've heard about the people that own/run the brewery and the way they treat their customers has been awful. I've never had a single sip of any of their beers, and I hope not to. I don't care if I'm missing out on anything. Bad business ethics doesn't deserve patronage, which is why I'll never buy another Apple product either.

arniepnminne likes this.
  7. drevim

drevim Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2012 Indiana

Great Lakes Nosferatu has been the only one in my limited experience that I am done with. Tasted like straight grapefruit juice, and I'm not a fan of grapefruit juice. Want to attribute it to the batch, but I've noticed others reviews that mention the grapefruit.

8. JohnFatAss

JohnFatAss Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2011 New Jersey

Never say Never, but I would never drink Southern Tier Pumking again.

SWChi likes this.
  9. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

Why is there all this hate on Pumking (and ST in general)?

10. rmcnealy

rmcnealy Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2006 Illinois

Had a Brooklyn Octoberfest on a buddy's wedding trolley yesterday and it was pretty raunchy. First one I can recall having and won't be giving it a second try any time soon.

musicman7070 and JulianC like this.
  11. ThickNStout

ThickNStout Pooh-Bah (2,142) Mar 8, 2011 Georgia

The #1 answer here is the "correct" answer: Voodoo Maple Donut. That was my last straw with Rogue. After getting mugged for $13 on that crap I've officially sworn them off entirely.
    Also, the nasty abomination known as Ass Kisser Chocolate Box. Not nearly as bad as the Voodoo but still just not for me.

On a side note- all haters feel free to send me their unwanted Southern Tier Blackwater stouts.

akbeerfiend, Brunite and klinger like this.
  12. Henamonster

Henamonster Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2007 California

Yeastie Boys Rex Attitude... Good God, that beer tasted like carbonated iodine. Not for the timid.

On that note, I thoroughly enjoyed Voodoo Maple Doughnut.

13. Jugs_McGhee

Jugs_McGhee Grand Pooh-Bah (5,956) Aug 15, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't get the distaste for Old Stock Ale. I quite fancy it.

I'll never have Budweiser Chelada again. Or so I hope.

14. ItsLaTrappe

ItsLaTrappe Initiate (0) May 15, 2012 Pennsylvania

Brewdog's Storm still makes me angry when I see it on the shelf.

15. skunk242

skunk242 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California

Bruery White Chocolate

voxomkid likes this.
  16. glitchedmind

glitchedmind Initiate (0) May 8, 2012 California

Kern river Isabella blonde. I'm a huge fan of everything they do, except that one. Two drinks and it fed the weeds.
    Rumor mill from the brewery has said it will be retired. They have so many other amazing beers that deserve to be year round instead of that bud light of craft beer.

17. DanK4

DanK4 Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2012 Maine

Shipyard (except Export on tap only, everything else is pure swill), Gritty's, anything and everything Geary's, Moat Mountain, and Superbrew 15- just look at the reviews if you're having a shitty day and need a pick-me-up

Fluke828 and yeti123 like this.
  18. Houston_E89

Houston_E89 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Texas

My Drain Pour List....

Anything IPA (Ranger, Arrogant Bastard, Saint Arnold Sailing Santa)
    Sour Beers / Ales (Duchess de Bourgogne)
    Belgian Beers that are NOT Delirium Tremens (I drain poured La Fin du Monde and Trappistes Rochefort 8)
    Belhaven Scottish Ale

There are too many beers to list that I would never buy again lol

19. Claybo

Claybo Initiate (0) May 29, 2011 Illinois

I saw an empty 12 pack box of Red Dog in the alleyway the other day, which gave me a chuckle. However, someone forced me to drink a taste of Busch Light a few weeks ago (I was hanging out with some young people who wanted to play something called "Three Cup," similar to Beer Pong). Never. Again.

If you want to talk non-macro, then Hinterland's Winter Land. Some people can stomach that stuff, but I say no way.

20. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Another vote for (or against) Voodoo Doughnut.
    Also, DFH Midas Touch, Raison D'Etre, and Festina Peche; Ommegang Aphrodite; and Lindeman's Faro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.