Beer you liked but will never be brewed again.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Kanger, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Earlier this year I attended a party for the 25th Anniversary of Brooklyn Brewery. One of the beers on tap was called "Hot/Hotter" and I thought it was one of the best beers I've ever drank.

http://brooklynbrewery.com/blog/new...y-of-brewers-part-vi-hothotter-by-andrew-ety/

"A hop drying comparison done for the Hop Quality Group, Hot/Hotter is two variations on the same Pale Ale. Hot is dry-hopped with Citra hops kilned at 130°F, and has a rounded, full aroma and the bitterness is smooth. Hotter is dry-hopped with Citra hops kilned at 150°F, and has a sharper hop aroma and a slightly more aggressive bitterness."

Unfortunately for me, I only got to drink a single pint of the stuff. When I went back for another the keg was kicked.

Any beers you guys like that will never be available again?

2. OptionParalysis

OptionParalysis Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 New York

Southern Tier Oat, Damn tasty brew.

I don't believe Stone is releasing the Imperial Mint Chocolate Stout again - that was one of my favorite releases this past year

3. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2011 Washington

4. jmgrub

jmgrub Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2010 California

Lips of Faith Dunkelweiss
    Bourbon county vanilla

5. MikeWard

MikeWard Pooh-Bah (2,729) Sep 14, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I believe Thirsty Dog Wulvers is listed as a one time limited release for this year, but I would be a very happy camper if they put that out every winter.

aleckpa, Lantern and JohnnyMc like this.
  6. gory4d

gory4d Maven (1,415) Apr 14, 2007 Texas

Bass Kings Ale.

jmgrub and C_Roetting like this.
  7. GootNoles

GootNoles Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2013 Georgia

Cigar City Moat Water.

8. GoldenWort

GoldenWort Aspirant (298) Apr 17, 2009 Pennsylvania

Rapture

MLeicht likes this.
  9. NewGlarusFan

NewGlarusFan Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 Illinois

10. Kjanisch7

Kjanisch7 Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 New Jersey

Frangelic Mountain

dowen17 and NewGlarusFan like this.
  11. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

I've had the same experience many a time with beers at La Cumbre and Marble Brewery in Albuquerque, NM. Earlier this year, for Albuquerque Beer Week the two breweries got together with other locals Nexus, Turtle Mountain and Il Vicino, to produce the 505-2013 (a play on our area code). This beer was a beast of a DIPA that was perfectly balanced and smooth as all hell, meaning I drank far too many before I realized how damn potent they were. Unfortunately, each year they brew a different beer, so I'll never see this again.

La Cumbre does this with a lot of their beers sadly. They made a great beer a few months back called Simcoe's Daughter using Mosaic hops and it was superb. Probably won't be around again. So many LC beers deserve to be canned and/or bottled and but currently only the Elevated IPA gets this treatment (though word is the Hefeweizen will soon be canned).

JOrtt, largadeer, vurt and 1 other person like this.
  12. MLeicht

MLeicht Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2012 New Jersey

DFH Fort & DFH Raison D'Extra

BrittReed, halo21, Casey3236 and 5 others like this.
  13. JrGtr

JrGtr Pooh-Bah (1,689) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Original Recipe Heart of Darkness stout from Magic Hat.

14. deadonhisfeet

deadonhisfeet Pooh-Bah (2,419) Apr 23, 2011 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah

I'd love for Founders to brew CBS and Nemesis again. CBS was terrific and I never got to try Nemesis.

Another one that most of you have never heard of is BBC's Bourbon Barrel Big Brown. That stuff was darn tasty.

Of course, I have to also ask for Thomas Hardy's Ale. Never had it and would love to try it.

15. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

Oh, and I had Parabajava at Firestone Walker a week and a half ago and probably will never have that gem again. Damn.

Kyledub likes this.
  16. hopsputin

hopsputin Grand Pooh-Bah (4,017) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

17. Netdigger2

Netdigger2 Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2011 South Carolina

I know where there is still Oat on the shelf here. You can probaby still find some.

18. Netdigger2

Netdigger2 Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2011 South Carolina

19. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Initiate (0) May 17, 2013 Illinois

20. dieBlume

dieBlume Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2013 Virginia

Oh. My. Goodness. These both sound delicious. Now I'm really sad that I found out about them in a thread about beers no longer being brewed. However, I checked out the DFH website. Apparently they still sometimes make Fort? There's hope!

Lantern likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.