Beer in between Stockholm and Upsala

Discussion in 'Nordics' started by dgugliuzza, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgugliuzza

dgugliuzza Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2009 Illinois

My girlfriend is going to the southern region of Sweden this summer and I was wondering what are some good breweries/stores for her to find some great local beers. I would love for her to bring back some stouts and flagship Swedish beers. Any tips of places in, near or between Stockholm and Upsala would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

All beer above 3,5% ABV is sold at the state monopoly "Systembolaget". The larger Systembolagets in Stockholm is the best bet to get good beer around there. Look for Oppigårds, Nynäshamn, Slottskällan, Dugges and Nils Oscar. Slottskällan and Dugges makes great stouts... Oppigård is one of the few Swedish breweries that can make a hoppy beer, however not in the same league as americans.

Närke is not available to buy anywhere in Sweden, no matter how hard you try.

Regarding breweries; Slottskällans Bryggeri lies in the outskirts of Uppsala and Sigtuna Brygghus is between Stockholm and Uppsala. In Stockholm you have the brewpubs Monk's Porter House and Monk's Café Wallingatan. But you still can't buy any beer from them directly, everything must pass through the beauraucratic nightmare known as Systembolaget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.