BCS has arrived

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by billywan, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billywan

billywan Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2009 Illinois

Let us never speak of this again.
    /thread

marcgo2 likes this.
  2. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

I don't think it would be incorrect to guess that damn near everyone here was hoping (maybe just a teeny-tiny bit) that a store would choose to ignore Goose Island's embargo date and then we could then spend Friday recovering from too much turkey and booze rather than ping-ponging between stores.

Now I wonder what, if any, consequences there could be for a store that does this. I can't imagine anyone from Goose is going to bother monitoring threads like these -- to say nothing of the fact that once River North picked up the beer from Goose, it was out of their control.

3. 0zzzie19

0zzzie19 Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2008 Illinois

GI obviously doesn't know/mind, otherwise they would stop selling to places like Evolution/D&D.

4. tonyclifton36

tonyclifton36 Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2011 Illinois

Small Bar Division has bottles of the cherry rye listed on their beermenus.com page $30/22 oz. bottle

5. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Pooh-Bah (1,893) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Hmmm. I was told distributors weren't even getting it until December 8th? Let the hunt begin!

6. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

FWIW, Binny's on Grand got their shipment in today, and they are not selling it until Friday, and the sale is by list only, as has all their other 'rare' releases.

Upon peering into the back room I observed 8 cases of BCBS Coffee to 1 case of BCBS Cherry Rye.

For those (like myself) who will not be around Friday in the Chicagoland area and eventually will be left without some of the Cherry Rye, please be respectful to those who work in the beer departments at your local stores. Nearly all locations got far less product than they were anticipating. Also drink the stuff with friends, and bring some to the 4 Elf party. :slight_smile:

Gonzoillini, libbey, aasher and 3 others like this.
  7. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Managed to pick up the last bottle of the Cherry, still plenty of Coffee left at Evolution (when I was there, looked like about a dozen bottles) if anyone is willing to pay the price. I am going to be out of town on Friday and am moving in December, so I figured to hell with it, I'd bite the bullet this one time for the experience. Thanks OP

pschul4 likes this.
  8. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,471) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

I wonder how many bottles of Coffee there are? I couldn't care less about Cherry Rye.

9. cmsteele62

cmsteele62 Aspirant (271) Nov 24, 2010 Illinois

I picked up a bottle of cherry at my local spot (not to be named) but it was $30

10. 0zzzie19

0zzzie19 Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2008 Illinois

Last year I got bcs at a few places, one of them was whole foods river north and the other was Tabbs. I think at whole foods it was like 8.99 or so. I'll be out in buffalo grove for the festivities this week/weekend, anyone have any leads on bcs in the northern burbs? BG binnys?

11. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

FYI: The wholesale price of Coffee went up by quite a bit. When i sold the 2011 batch, i originally sold it for 12.99. This years will be 19.99.

12. kawilliams81

Pooh-Bah

WTF!!! What is the deal with everything sky rocketing this year? So, pretty soon the average person will not being able to afford special releases or craft beer all together.

13. Vav

Sure, this is Beer Advocate!

14. kawilliams81

Pooh-Bah

$20 here $13 in NY probably. Man this grinds my gears!

15. Rizdac

Rizdac Crusader (406) Dec 5, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Was just there and they do in fact have them. Opted out; too steep for my blood.

16. Vav

Yep, and then the prices will go down because sales will droop.

I should change my last name to Smith.

17. kawilliams81

Pooh-Bah

So is this the breweries, distributors or Binny's that keeps jacking up the prices of beer all of a sudden?

18. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

::sigh::

19. Vav

The brewery is charging more, so the distributor is charging more, so i'm charging more.

20. otrejo

otrejo Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2011 Illinois

And now we can trade it for more?

dsal89, robbiemoy13, ravot and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.