Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by PhxHorn, Oct 31, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhxHorn

PhxHorn Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2006 Arizona

I see some stores in San Diego have received this. Does anyone know if Phoenix will be receiving any?

2. JohnBender

JohnBender Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2012 Texas

3. RASTAPHX

RASTAPHX Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2011 Arizona

im sure we will, as we get most of their line up, probably in a couple of weeks

4. mattisloco

mattisloco Maven (1,294) Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Trader

We should, just after eveyone else.

5. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Don't you mean Dallas... Since Ballast Point is too good to distribute anywhere else but the elite metropolis of DFW.

:rolling_eyes:

6. Erik

Erik Aspirant (227) Mar 5, 2012 Texas

I'm in Houston and haven't seen any Ballast Point around, but a couple months ago I went on a little trip to Rockport, Tx and their HEB had Big Eye IPA and Sculpin IPA. Thought that was kind of weird.

7. JohnBender

JohnBender Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2012 Texas

Yep

8. mattisloco

Trader

It's not that far of a drive guys. Karbach stays in Houston and we are just starting to get some Austin beer in DFW.

9. DanzBorin

But those are in one market only. Completely different than a brewery that says, let's do Texas, but keep it to one metro area and random other places.

10. mattisloco

Trader

They'll get down there, they just didn't have much competition at the time here. I'm surprised they didn't move into Houston by now but I'd imagine Austin is one of the last markets in Tx they go to. Y'all are way oversaturated with your own beer, it just wouldn't make good business sense.

BgThang likes this.
  11. miikezombie

miikezombie Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Texas

Ballast Point is in Corpus. Give it time.

12. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

The name tells me I want this, so let's get some to Houston please.

13. DanzBorin

Oh, you definitely do. Probably the best thing I've had from them.

14. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

Wish they'd send us some to Austin. ;_;

15. cam_williams

cam_williams Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Texas

+1

16. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Texas

I don't have the exact numbers, but Austin buys a lot more craft beer per capita than DFW or Houston.. so much more that even with a smaller population, Austin is the largest market for craft beer in Texas. So I have to disagree. The Austin market is great bussiness sense. Ask Alaskan or Shmaltz.

17. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2009 Texas

im not disagreeing with this, but id like to see the data if anyone has a link

18. nickss

nickss Pundit (956) Jun 17, 2005 Texas

I find it hard to believe that Austin drinks more than 5x more craft beer per person than DFW, which is what it would take to makeup the population difference. If that stat is true, then a tip of my hat goes to you Austinites... it just seems like a very large number to overcome.

19. kmello69

kmello69 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2011 Texas

Oh don't you dare doubt the amount of drinking we do in this town! :grimacing:

dumptruck81 and Exiled like this.
  20. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Texas

To be fair I could be talking out my ass. I was told that by either a brewery rep or distributer rep but I can't remember who so take it with big ole grain of salt..

but, it sort of makes sense to me. We need to remember that craft is still aa very niche market, well under 10%. Most of what is consumed is macro or BMC as you guys call it. Not to disparge DFW or Houston by any means, but Austin is very focused on Artisan and local food products.. as are lots of people but I see it as a bigger "thing" here than the rest of Texas...

So, this makes sense to me. Sorry about the ramble....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.